2019 Season Notes

It's not surprising that Hames and Stivrins are expected to be leaders, I do find it interesting that they are not selected captains yet.

For some reason I thought one of the two walk-ons (DS Emma Gabel) was injured and wouldn't be able to participate until fall. APPARENTLY that was bad info on my part (I thought I heard it during the radio broadcast of the spring game vs. Colorado State).

And now for the irrational. I'm a little concerned in that I've heard or seen little of Lexi Sun. Hopefully the Asia trip will put those fears to bed. I fully expect Madi Kubik to be a significant contributor to the team this year, but the reality is that you're replacing Mikaela Foecke. Kubik will need to produce early, but Sun will need to raise her level play also. And raise it significantly if the Huskers are going to make another run to the Final Four.

The same type of improvement will be required of Jazz Sweet or Anezka Szabo needs to insert herself into the equation at opposite. I thought Sweet regressed from her freshman year, especially during B1G play.

It is more than good that Hames has a year under her belt. The offense should function more efficiently this season.

• 1 month later...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...