The era of "All Gas, No Brakes"

Husker Fans are familiar with the slogan "All Gas, No Brakes."  We've been using it since at least 2016 when John Parella coached the D Line.

We continue to use it this year in the Frost Era, as this quote from Coach Fisher shows:

As in, "There's no such thing as patience," Fisher said. "All gas, no brakes in that room. Just go compete. It doesn't matter if you're a freshman or a senior. There's no waiting process in there."

It's a good phrase. I couldn't tell you who coined it, whether that was Coach Parrella or someone else. But it's caught on in the football world. I noticed it today in an Ole Miss video:

South Carolina has used it:

And so has Valparaiso Football:

It's even made its way into the NFL, as evidenced by the Detroit Lions' Lineman Ricky Jean Francois last season:

“We wanted to go out and show everybody what the Detroit Lions really are,” defensive lineman Ricky Jean Francois said. “Not just, ‘OK, they are going to come out here, hold on, and then we are going to lose in the second half.’

“It was all gas. No brakes.”

I've dug into it a little and found references to songs by several hip-hop artists, including P.A.T and Krizz Kaliko, and I ran across another reference to the phrase from a child psychologist's paper referencing an article written in 2005.

So where did this phrase come from? Anyone know its origins?

• Plus1 1