CB Tamon Lynum

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

16 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Lynum commit?

• Nebraska
    • Maryland
    • Illinois

This poll is closed to new votes

3 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

Here is my thing, it is early. Imo, dude must be a baller in Frost and Co. eyes or they probably would have strung him out as a backup plan. You don't let backup plans commit at this point in the cycle.

I like this thought. 

In the past few days I saw OSU get a top CB and also Michigan  ... so I guess the way I have to take this commit without getting eye rolls  :-) ... is to believe that this guy is a stud.  So, I'm gonna believe this guy ends up at least a Top 50 CB on 247 instead of #132.

For now, I really have no clue if this guy is a good pickup or not ... but impressed with the boards view.  It sounds like most of you guys think he is even a better get then Moten.  I never heard of this guy until he committed and I read the board every day.  :-)

• Plus1 1

5 hours ago, C-4 said:

You should think before you speak/type. This seems to be a recurring issue.

I thought it was a really weird design, and I typed out my expression of thinking it was weird. 

Still think it's weird. I put two and two together that whoever was in the picture had passed and was someone important to him, but that's irrelevant to me thinking it's a strange design.

• Plus1 3
10 hours ago, Landlord said:

I thought it was a really weird design, and I typed out my expression of thinking it was weird. 

Still think it's weird. I put two and two together that whoever was in the picture had passed and was someone important to him, but that's irrelevant to me thinking it's a strange design.

Why would you choose to focus on that?

• Thanks 1
12 hours ago, BigRedN said:

I like this thought. 

In the past few days I saw OSU get a top CB and also Michigan  ... so I guess the way I have to take this commit without getting eye rolls  :-) ... is to believe that this guy is a stud.  So, I'm gonna believe this guy ends up at least a Top 50 CB on 247 instead of #132.

For now, I really have no clue if this guy is a good pickup or not ... but impressed with the boards view.  It sounds like most of you guys think he is even a better get then Moten.  I never heard of this guy until he committed and I read the board every day.  :-)

I look at it this way. Frost at UCF was able to recruit kids he thought were great players whether the recruiting services agreed or not. He turned them into an undefeated team that took down an SEC power in the bowl game. I dont think UCF recruiting classes broke the 50th ranked class mark or something like that. So I think he has an eye for talent and what they want. Cam Taylor was not a heralded kid and I think he is turning heads like he was one of the best recruits in the class.

Let some time pass- if this kid finishes a 2 star after everyone pays a little closer attention to him now that he has accepted a Big 10 scholly then so be it. But i bet things change soon.

11 hours ago, Landlord said:

Ha...what is the first rule of holes again?

Oh yeah, when you are in one...stop digging. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 5

19 hours ago, swmohusker said:

Welcome N!!  Love that first play of his highlight.  He doesnt let the wr off the line, and destroys the qb. Long, physical, versatile, and competitive.  Checks all the boxes fish is looking for. 

I've always enjoyed @swmohusker's recruiting eyes ... he always "show's me" alot.  Since I'm a Missouri boy from the same area, I can take his view and not fill it has all sorts of Red Koolaid in it.

Cheers ... until more is revealed.

• Plus1 1

14 hours ago, floridacorn said:

I lurk on this board every so often and decided to create account/post because I can offer a little insight here.  

Evans, the school Lynum plays for was once the elite program in Orlando.  3 new schools, 2 8a state powers that intruded on their district lines (including the school Braxton Clark came from), & open HS recruiting in Florida have left a limited resources talent hotbed program struggling for the better part of 20 years.  Last season they failed to win a game and hired a new coach again.  

I don't know anything specific about Lynum, but he's played on a terribly coached team that hemorrhages upper classman talent while facing elite competition.  Prior to this spring, they didn't even have an organized offseason training program.  If ever there was an opportunity to find a raw talent/diamond in the rough in Florida, it would be in a situation like this, & if Frost & Co. made him a recruiting priority, I wouldn't be concerned about his lack of offers & stars. 

Thanks for the info!

My first thought as I perused Lynum's profile today was that this must be Frost tapping into his Orlando ties to scoop up an under-the-radar guy. Sounds like that was about right. Looking at Conn's profile as well it seems like he's the type of dude we have to snag while he's still low-profile with a handful of offers before they blow up and the big dogs come calling. Lynum sounds like he's even more that case.

Not sure if he's closer to 6'2" or 6'3" but he's got the type of size SJB did back in the day and he wound up being a very good player by the end of his career here. Love this commit!

• Plus1 1
On 6/24/2019 at 8:03 AM, Swiv3D said:

Why would you choose to focus on that?

In my case, it wasn’t what I intentionally focused on as it popped up on my feed. It’s just what was the most apparent at first glance.

There’s the horrible font choice (that ‘O’!). But the wing is masked by the ‘t’ and ‘e’ in “committed” despite the rest of the word being masked by the player who is behind the winged photo. Never mind the wings on the left side being in front of the letters. All of this without a single element’s perspective being altered from a straight line.

Sheesh!!!

Nice to have him on board though!!

• Haha 1
  • 1 month later...
16 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

In a couple months we realize we have better options and move on?

IMO yes, unless he shows out this year which is def possible. Depends how many CBs we want to take as well since I feel we are real thin there at the moment. LJ is a SR and Bootle a JR. I really like Taylor, Clark and Wright but that is all we have. Newsome seemed more of a S to me but we have him at corner currently. 

• Mavric changed the title to CB Tamon Lynum