CB Tamon Lynum

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

16 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Lynum commit?

• Nebraska
    • Maryland
    • Illinois

This poll is closed to new votes

Just now, swmohusker said:

Welcome N!!  Love that first play of his highlight.  He doesnt let the wr off the line, and destroys the qb. Long, physical, versatile, and competitive.  Checks all the boxes fish is looking for. 

Yeah, watching highlights makes me wonder if we would look at him as a potential safety or put on weight and be an outside linebacker. :dunno

In the article about his mom it mentioned that he didn't have a lot of films because teams knee he was good and stopped throwing it to him. So, they played him at receiver too to show off his ball skills. That might hurt ratings too. If he has showed well at camps and such we might be in early on a high upside kid. 

5 minutes ago, deedsker said:

Clark is getting a lot of praise now. Let’s hope this kid is in a similar position next year then.

Yep I think staff being in early on him is going to be the biggest thing come NSD when the other big schools start keying in on him.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Red Five said:

Not gonna lie, I am scratching my head a bit here.  I know nothing about this kid besides his 247 rating (82).  He seems to have the size they want and I'm sure Frost and Co have great intel of this kid since he's from Orlando.  Hopefully he turns into a Chris Jones type player.

2 hours ago, teachercd said:

I don't think he has camped all that much.  So right now I would say the rating is more of just a "not much info" type of thing right now.

I think teach is correct.  The staff is looking for their type of player, and their type of person, and aren't concerned with others ratings.  Just their own.  I like it, but it may not translate always into 247 rankings.

2 minutes ago, runningblind said:

I think teach is correct.  The staff is looking for their type of player, and their type of person, and aren't concerned with others ratings.  Just their own.  I like it, but it may not translate always into 247 rankings.

Rankings/ratings have gotten better or more helpful but in the end you have to remember that Rivals and 247 are a business...a business to make money.  If I was running Rivals and a kid didn't come out to my Rivals camps...I can tell you right now that we would put very minimal effort into his ranking.

On the flip side...a kid that comes and pays to attend 3-4 camps...well that kid is going to get more of my time.  

I don't mean that in some evil way either...just from a business standpoint. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
37 minutes ago, C-4 said:

You should think before you speak/type. This seems to be a recurring issue.

Yeah dude there is this thing where you spread your fingers apart while on a picture and it blows it up so you can read the fine print. Never heard of a kid and I figured out it was his mom. I thought it was pretty cool

• Mavric changed the title to CB Tamon Lynum