WR Matthias Algarin [Nebraska Walk-On]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

14 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Algarin commit?

• Nebraska
    • Minnesota
    • Wisconsin

This poll is closed to new votes

On 6/13/2019 at 4:59 PM, Mavric said:

Not terribly fast - 11.20 100 meters & 22.56 200 meters - but pretty good at the jumps - 23-10.5 long jump and 45-8.75 triple jump - which shows explosiveness.

Those are not his PR times.  Sometimes you only need to run fast enough to just get the win. What I found for PR’s. I’d say this is why he received a Nebraska Track Scholarship. 

100m - 10.78

200m - 21.70

LJ - 23’ 10.5”

TJ - 48’ 10”

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nebraska had 40 yrs of greatness using the walkon program, under Bob D and Tom. Some great players came out of them. 

Let's hope we get it rolling again. This kid just might be the next good one. Scott sees something in him.

One question, will he be able to practice with the team, being on a track scholarship ?

GBR!!!  

35 minutes ago, huskered17 said:

Nebraska had 40 yrs of greatness using the walkon program, under Bob D and Tom. Some great players came out of them. 

Let's hope we get it rolling again. This kid just might be the next good one. Scott sees something in him.

One question, will he be able to practice with the team, being on a track scholarship ?

GBR!!!  

it's when he gets into a game that affects his scholarship. he plays it counts against the football team.

13 hours ago, huskered17 said:

GBR!!!  

I’ve always wondered if Danny Woodhead had walked on how well he would have done. He was so great at Chadron State, and I think he would have done awesome and earned a scholarship in no time. Granted, Billy Callahan May have had other ideas. I’m sure there are parts of the story I don’t know.

• Plus1 1
17 minutes ago, ZMagers22 said:

I’ve always wondered if Danny Woodhead had walked on how well he would have done. He was so great at Chadron State, and I think he would have done awesome and earned a scholarship in no time. Granted, Billy Callahan May have had other ideas. I’m sure there are parts of the story I don’t know.

He would have been a terror in Callahan’s offense.  Marlon Lucky got 75 catches.  Woodhead would have run for days.

• Plus1 2

On 12/18/2019 at 12:13 AM, Mavric said:

He would have been a terror in Callahan’s offense.  Marlon Lucky got 75 catches.  Woodhead would have run for days.

Woodhead was passed on by Solich not Callahan.  Solich said danny was too slow and too small so he takes Cory Ross!  Lol

woodhead one Nebraska’s biggest misses ever!