Jump to content

WR Matthias Algarin [Nebraska Walk-On]


Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts


  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't ruin a good story with true facts....

Cory Ross was a 2001 recruit, Danny Woodhead was 2004.

14 hours ago, Mavric said:

Not terribly fast - 11.20 100 meters & 22.56 200 meters - but pretty good at the jumps - 23-10.5 long jump and 45-8.75 triple jump - which shows explosiveness.


Ran a 4.56 40 and had a 40 inch vertical last month at the opening 

Link to post

17 hours ago, Wordek said:

He is smart, a track jumping star and in his camp highlights goes up and gets the ball very well. His only other offer is from South Dakota State, glad we are in early if Frost sees potential.

Saw him at the Husker Camp. Didn't think he was the best player at the camp. Great athlete but this was a surprise offer to me? Obviously trust Frost and Co. but would be stunned if this is a commitable offer at this point. 

  • Plus1 1
Link to post
18 hours ago, Wordek said:

He is smart, a track jumping star and in his camp highlights goes up and gets the ball very well. His only other offer is from South Dakota State, glad we are in early if Frost sees potential.

 

I agree with this.  I don't know a ton about the early evolution of the Oregon offense but I suspect Frost had chance to learn how to pick out Track Guys who would be able to turn into football players who can take a hit and who have can translate Track Speed to Football speed. 

  • Plus1 2
Link to post
2 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

Yeah, 11.20 isn't slow.  What separates an 10.5 from an 11.2 is your ability to maintain top speed longer.

 

Um .... no.  There is a virtual eternity between 10.5 and 11.2.

 

There are only a handful of high school kids in the country that can run 10.5.  You'll see 11.2 at a bunch of average Nebraska meets.

Link to post

53 minutes ago, Mavric said:

 

Um .... no.  There is a virtual eternity between 10.5 and 11.2.

 

There are only a handful of high school kids in the country that can run 10.5.  You'll see 11.2 at a bunch of average Nebraska meets.

I probably went a little too far with 10.5, but I’ll stand behind 10.8

Link to post
  • 1 month later...
On 6/13/2019 at 4:59 PM, Mavric said:

Not terribly fast - 11.20 100 meters & 22.56 200 meters - but pretty good at the jumps - 23-10.5 long jump and 45-8.75 triple jump - which shows explosiveness.

He competed all track season with a hamstring injury. He ran 10.96 & 22.36 this season nursing an injury.  He only ran fast enough to win without doing added damage.  His jumps were top in the state 48-10 Triple Jump and 23-10.5 Long Jump. He’s a 10.76 PR 100 meters healthy. Stats at link below!

 

https://mn.milesplit.com/athletes/5431619/stats

  • Plus1 2
Link to post
On 6/15/2019 at 5:05 PM, gobiggergoredder said:

I probably went a little too far with 10.5, but I’ll stand behind 10.8

You are right.  He has a 10.76 PR. He was just nursing a hamstring injury all season, so he only ran fast enough to win without doing added damage.  Heard he ran 4.45/40 at the NDSU camp. 

  • Plus1 1
Link to post
  • 2 months later...
  • Mavric changed the title to WR Matthias Algarin [Nebraska Walk-On]
  • Mavric pinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.






×
×
  • Create New...