Pipeline Camp and Frosts Experience

I'm excited to see the pipeline camp start up this weekend and I would like to know what others think? 

I'm a Midwest Husker who transplanted to Oregon about 10 years ago.  During my sons senior year of High School I was at a fund raising event for the HS Team the night of a grueling Oregon -vs- Stanford game and most of the folks at the Table were Oregon grads and the Dads were watching the score and heading for the hotel bar as the game scores came in; and the Ducks lost.   I suspect that during his years with Chip Kelley and being beat by a Harbaugh led Stanford team that Frost was thinking love-ya chip but until you figure out how to beef up the boys up front we can't win it all.  This makes sense since Frost got  to play behind great O-lines who could basically call the shots.  Fast forward to now:  Frost has his own team and the camp is all about the Pipeline "AKA" bad a$$ lineman.  Obviously Frost, as a player learned from TO how a championship team prepares and is built.  He learned from Chip K. how to run an almost championship team. 

• Plus1 1

6 hours ago, mnhusker said:

I'm excited to see the pipeline camp start up this weekend and I would like to know what others think? 

I'm a Midwest Husker who transplanted to Oregon about 10 years ago.  During my sons senior year of High School I was at a fund raising event for the HS Team the night of a grueling Oregon -vs- Stanford game and most of the folks at the Table were Oregon grads and the Dads were watching the score and heading for the hotel bar as the game scores came in; and the Ducks lost.   I suspect that during his years with Chip Kelley and being beat by a Harbaugh led Stanford team that Frost was thinking love-ya chip but until you figure out how to beef up the boys up front we can't win it all.  This makes sense since Frost got  to play behind great O-lines who could basically call the shots.  Fast forward to now:  Frost has his own team and the camp is all about the Pipeline "AKA" bad a$$ lineman.  Obviously Frost, as a player learned from TO how a championship team prepares and is built.  He learned from Chip K. how to run an almost championship team. 

Here's something similar about Frost basically addressing that from back in 2011.

http://smartfootball.com/uncategorized/combining-tom-osbornes-nebraska-offense-with-chip-kellys-oregon-offense-the-stuff-dreams-are-made-of#sthash.oz5sTy4S.TN96XuJ3.dpbs

Edit: It's from a website that has dramatically changed the format of its page. So some of the formatting is a little wonky. 

• Fire 1

D9IIXi7XYAQVtpJ.jpg:large

Austin likes potential of line camp

After aggressively marketing the camp on social media, the 200-person cap Nebraska set had to be raised to 225. Then 250. Then finally to 300. 

The three-hour event on Saturday was a new twist in Nebraska’s camp schedule. The event was backed by adidas and featured coaches from Arizona State, Miami, Rice and a large group of coaches from Kansas including head coach Les Miles. 

“We didn’t want it to be a camp where guys got limited reps. We didn’t want to be cow-herders so to speak. We didn’t want guys just getting one rep. We wanted actual teaching, actual coaching.”

The Huskers had campers registered from nearly 20 states, and a number of attendees already held Power 5 offers. The afternoon featured multiple sessions of one-on-ones in Memorial Stadium, as well as individual work throughout the camp. While current Huskers helped coach the prospects at the camp, there were also former Husker greats at various stations. Former players like Zach Wiegert, Aaron Taylor and others addressed the large group of campers at various points during the camp. 

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Why the dot dot dot dot?

If it's because I don't remember, I'm going off of memory and I was 12 at the time.

Sorry, I should've put a question mark because I'm not sure that's him. I just know he was the other guard on that line.

1 minute ago, JJ Husker said:

Sorry, I should've put a question mark because I'm not sure that's him. I just know he was the other guard on that line.

Gotcha. The only other OL names I could remember were Dishman and Taylor but the guy looks nothing like them and I wasn't sure how much they played that year (or if Dishman was playing then?).

2 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Gotcha. The only other OL names I could remember were Dishman and Taylor but the guy looks nothing like them and I wasn't sure how much they played that year (or if Dishman was playing then?).

Those are the 5 that started the 95 Orange Bowl. Humphrey spelled Graham and Dishman spelled Zatechka. The other 3 played the whole game. But to be honest, none of them other than Stai look familiar to me in this picture.....and I was about 32 at the time.

• Fire 1