Pipeline Camp and Frosts Experience

This is excellent.  It will really help prospectives out, even if they don’t come here.  Lots of people got offers from one program or another.  Everyone got hands on training from pros, and met some legendary players.   It will broaden our name, and reestablish why NU is associated with great linemen.  It will create huge dividends for us.

i can imagine every kid at that camp talking about what they learned, who they met and what NU has to offer to their friends, teammates, family, etc.  

• Fire 1
1 hour ago, Scarlet Overkill said:

Some of these videos show our current players teaching these guys, which I find fantastic.  Means they have a level of mastery over the techniques and have a vote of confidence from the staff.

You'll like this video. Austin talks about players becoming coaches at about 2:40, Farniok gets some love.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

7 hours ago, I am I said:

7v7 Camps in Cali 

LB camps in OK 

etc 

N...pipeline camps.  Let’s DO this!!!!! 

Get the beef in Nebraska 

I agree. We have a history and catch phrase like pipeline to sell these kids. Also I love seeing us do something different- make the big men feel special. The skill positions always have their camps to shine. I can see this paying major dividends over the years.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
On 6/15/2019 at 3:05 PM, BigRedBuster said:

I’m impressed that they all look like they have stayed in shape and have lost weight since playing days. 

Lots of linemen actually have a hard time keeping the weight on.  They have to eat a tremendous amount to maintain their wt.  Many will lose 30-40 lbs within a few months after they quit eating so much.  Dr Rob played at 320 and now is around 260.   I have a friend who's son was a walk on guard a few years back he played at about 290 and was about 230 six months after he quit playing football.  He said he had to eat all the time to keep his weight up.  

Then there are guys who have no trouble with it.  Chris Dishman is very heavy if you have seen him lately.  

7 minutes ago, NUinID said:

Lots of linemen actually have a hard time keeping the weight on.  They have to eat a tremendous amount to maintain their wt.  Many will lose 30-40 lbs within a few months after they quit eating so much.  Dr Rob played at 320 and now is around 260.   I have a friend who's son was a walk on guard a few years back he played at about 290 and was about 230 six months after he quit playing football.  He said he had to eat all the time to keep his weight up.  

Then there are guys who have no trouble with it.  Chris Dishman is very heavy if you have seen him lately.  

I have seen Dishman lately and wish he could look more like these guys.  I understand that many lose weight after playing.  But, some don't.  I was just impressed that it looks like all of these guys are in pretty good shape.

Out of the box thinking is what this program needs to be competitive.  Not a lot positions are more important than the lines.  Making them the stars of a camp is a great idea.  Excited to see how this plays out in the next few years.  Getting the kids on campus always helps.  

• Plus1 1