Will Bolt Named New Husker Coach

• Mavric changed the title to Will Bolt Named New Husker Coach

Not much 'splash' on this one but I confess I am not into baseball very much so I could not even begin to name somebody better.   I would have picked somebody with a big time baseball name (a household name type guy who could recruit with name recognition).   I was a bit disappointed Erstad quit but I also understand that the program seemed to be stuck in second gear and was not really showing many signs of getting stronger.    I don't see why NU can't be one of the top Big Ten teams as the conference is NOT a baseball conference and I believe our facilities and other attractions should be strong positives.  Nebraskans seem to enjoy college baseball and without a major league team, a great baseball team has a chance to be a real draw.  

2 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Not saying you are wrong, but who did you have in mind?

All the people mentioned previously. The only issue I have is the no HC experience. Moos said he wanted someone with HC experience. So going back on that sucks. Erstad was a first time head coach too. We have some good ball players and I hope none of them leave due to the coaching change.

9 minutes ago, hskrfan4life said:

All the people mentioned previously. The only issue I have is the no HC experience. Moos said he wanted someone with HC experience. So going back on that sucks. Erstad was a first time head coach too. We have some good ball players and I hope none of them leave due to the coaching change.

Wasn’t Bolt a Head Coach at a lower level before coming to NU as hitting coach? I know it’s not D1 experience, but he makes up for that lack of qualification with other qualities. Of course, time will tell.

• Plus1 2