Will Bolt Named New Husker Coach

1 hour ago, BlitzFirst said:

Read an article earlier today in a Texas newspaper that talked about how happy A&M fans are to get rid of Will Bolt.  Evidently, he is not popular at A&M due to the slumping batting averages on the team.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/texas-sports-nation/college/article/Why-two-college-baseball-fan-bases-are-thrilled-14007611.php

First time I've heard of him NOT having success and first I've heard of fans not liking him.

Heard this also. Rumor was that Childress allocated more scholarships towards front line pitching lately. Not sure if that's accurate...

2 hours ago, BlitzFirst said:

Read an article earlier today in a Texas newspaper that talked about how happy A&M fans are to get rid of Will Bolt.  Evidently, he is not popular at A&M due to the slumping batting averages on the team.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/texas-sports-nation/college/article/Why-two-college-baseball-fan-bases-are-thrilled-14007611.php

First time I've heard of him NOT having success and first I've heard of fans not liking him.

I really have no idea if he'll be a good coach or not.  Hoping so.  Definitely willing to give him a chance.

But we've been down the hiring-a-coach-the-other-school-was-ready-to-get-rid-of path before.  It didn't go well.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, BlitzFirst said:

A&M was 13th in batting average in the SEC on the year.  .251 average as a team.  Sounds a bit familiar to complaints at NU this year...

• Plus1 1

I know the article says Bolt was the hitting coach but I don't think it's accurate.   

The A&M  coaching bios from 2018 indicated that 

"Bolt’s primary functions include coordinating the offensive game, mentoring the infielders and serving as third base coach."
It doesn't say anything about hitting.   Seely was the hitting coach.  The bio states "He serves as the recruiting coordinator and works with the outfielders and hitters."

Bolt was in charge of the offense so he does bear responsibility.  Just wanted to point out that it's a group effort.   

History shows that he can put pretty good offenses on the field.   Below is his old Nebraska bio.

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=90230

Personally I think it gets back to RECRUITING.   

Bolt was the eighth head coaching hire Moos has made at NU since December of 2017. That's a new hire about every 70 days.

It's really quite remarkable when you think about it. Shawn Eichorst made just two hires in five years (Mike Riley and Amy Williams). Tom Osborne made three hires (Darin Erstad, Bo Pelini and Tim Miles) from 2007 to 2013. Steve Pederson made just two (Bill Callahan and Doc Sadler) from 2003 to 2007.

So from 2003 to December of 2017 we only saw seven coaching moves made at Nebraska. Moos has delivered more than that in 18 months.

HOL