Seat Yourself

35 minutes ago, hastingshusker said:

Anyone else not able to login to check their seat yourself for volleyball tickets?

I've logged in a couple times over the last few days to see what was available and see when it was starting.

I just logged in and it works for me now.  What is it telling you when you try to log in?

Seat Yourself is a double-edged sword. It's great when it works, but if it's down it's maddening.

I'm jealous of you guys with volleyball tickets. I'm roped into football tickets with my dad, and while I love going to the games with him, I miss watching my girls play.

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

Seat Yourself is a double-edged sword. It's great when it works, but if it's down it's maddening.

I'm jealous of you guys with volleyball tickets. I'm roped into football tickets with my dad, and while I love going to the games with him, I miss watching my girls play.

I don't have volleyball tickets but I've considered trying to get them them the last two years.  I looked but didn't jump in last year.  Going to look again this year.

Kind of the same problem I have with basketball - I just can't make very many games.  But I've done plenty well selling the games I can't make so it works out.  The plan with the basketball tickets was to split them with another guy but neither one of us has been able to get there as much as we would like.  If I find some seats I like I might take a flier on volleyball and see how it works out this year.

Not to go far off topic, but it is related tangentially.

Does anyone know if Devaney can be expanded by 1000 to 2000 capacity? Used to be 13.5K for basketball. Wisconsin recently (last year) uncovered the upper decks of their arena and increased capacity from 5900 to 7100 (approximately). They don't sell out as much as the Huskers, but they increased their average attendance by 1000 putting them above Hawaii.

If it can be expanded, does the athletic department have any plans to do so? With the growing popularity of girls and women's volleyball and the insatiable demand of Nebraska fan, I would think it would be a smart bet to gain a million or so in revenue to the department. Particularly if you could somehow add some suites.

1 hour ago, Undertow said:

Does anyone know if Devaney can be expanded by 1000 to 2000 capacity? Used to be 13.5K for basketball. Wisconsin recently (last year) uncovered the upper decks of their arena and increased capacity from 5900 to 7100 (approximately). They don't sell out as much as the Huskers, but they increased their average attendance by 1000 putting them above Hawaii.

If it can be expanded, does the athletic department have any plans to do so? With the growing popularity of girls and women's volleyball and the insatiable demand of Nebraska fan, I would think it would be a smart bet to gain a million or so in revenue to the department. Particularly if you could somehow add some suites.

They kind of blocked off the top rows most of the way around the arena and now it is just standing room only around the top.  I would think it would be possible to uncover those seats that they covered up but I've never gone up there to look.  I've not heard any talk of actually doing that though.

19 minutes ago, Mavric said:

They kind of blocked off the top rows most of the way around the arena and now it is just standing room only around the top.  I would think it would be possible to uncover those seats that they covered up but I've never gone up there to look.  I've not heard any talk of actually doing that though.

I think I remember hearing something about keeping it standing unless we were chosen to select the regional finals (which was the format at the time) because you needed X number of seats to host when the remodel was done.

4 hours ago, Undertow said:

2 hours ago, Mavric said:

2 hours ago, hastingshusker said:

I think I remember hearing something about keeping it standing unless we were chosen to select the regional finals (which was the format at the time) because you needed X number of seats to host when the remodel was done.

Mavric & hastingshusker are correct. They blocked off the upper section of seats from the basketball arrangement and built an SRO area up top. It's pretty far from the action, but it's kinda fun to stand up there and watch a match from a unique perspective.

pS6D3jU.jpg

They ***could*** someday remove the upper facade and add seats back in. I think the blocked off 10-12 rows, and I think (IIRC) those were some of the old C Section bench seats from back in the day. 

With PBA right down the street, I legit doubt they would reinstall those seats, though. It's too easy to just rent out the big arena, and they would have to do some remodeling of Devaney to make it look right with the big trusses.

• Plus1 1