2021 PG Kennedy Chandler [Tennessee Commit]

Player: Kennedy Chandler

Hometown: Memphis, TN

School: Briarcrest Christian

AAU: MoKan Elite

Position: Point Guard

Height: 6’1

Weight: 165

Major 7 Offers: Nebraska, Alabama, Arkansas, Ole Miss, Florida State, Arizona State, Illinois, Georgia Tech, Seton Hall, LSU, SMU, Tulane, Vanderbilt

Visits: 

Twitter:

247 Composite: 

Rivals: #28 OVR; :FourStar:
247:
ESPN: #43 OVR; #7 PG :FourStar:

Highlights:

• Plus1 1

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/2021-intro-four-star-kennedy-chandler-is-one-to-watch

This spring, Kennedy is running with Kansas City-based MoKan Elite in the Nike EYBL and he's already picked up some serious college attention. UT-Martin, SMU, Tulane, Georgia Tech, Seton Hall, Florida, Arizona State, Vanderbilt (previous staff) and Ole Miss have already offered and more are sure to come if he does what he's capable of.

“I pick up full court on defense," said Chandler. "That’s something I’ve really been working on and I’m much better there. Even though I’m a pure point guard, I could be a little bit more of a scorer and show more emotion too. I’ve been doing that more.”

Given that he's not even completed his sophomore year of high school, Chandler is taking his time with the recruiting process. He'll look for the usual things and is hoping for a big spring and summer.

“What fits my style of play best and what school will really want me and recruit me the person is what I’m looking for," said Chandler. "I’m hoping that more schools will look at me and I can get more offers. There’s only one live period this spring so I really want to do well there. Then in June I want to do well with my high school team when coaches come to see me.”

• Plus1 2
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Looks like he was contacted by the G League as well

https://www.commercialappeal.com/story/sports/high-school/2020/04/16/recruiting-could-kennedy-chandler-pick-g-league-over-college/5147848002/

He said his plan is to attend college but that he has discussed playing in the G League with his parents.

"I really don’t know right now,"  Chandler said. "So I’m going to keep on doing what I’m doing and talk to college coaches and see where I want to go for college."

The 6-foot point guard said that he's been busy talking to college coaches on the phone and conference calls. He still has 10 schools on his list including Memphis, Kentucky, and Duke. 

"I did a call with Kentucky staff today, I did one with a Tennessee assistant coach. I did one with Ole Miss staff," Chandler said. "I have one with North Carolina, the head coach and the whole coaching staff tonight and I’m going to do one with Duke."

• 2 weeks later...