Will Bolt Press Conference starts at 11:00 AM Thursday, June 20th

Classy move to thank Darin Erstad, right out of the gate.

The impression that I get from him is that he is willing to do anything and everything to succeed at everything he has put his hand to.

I have no doubt he will do the same at the helm of Nebraska baseball and feel that his spirit will be infectious with his players.

• Thanks 1

So Erstad will still be around the program...that's good to hear.

Maybe he's going to get a special AD spot to help the baseball program and still be able to be around his family?

And the deeper Michigan gets in the CWS, the easier recruiting gets for us (read: proving to kids that northern schools *can* compete). Here's hoping we can get another Top 25 class this season to compliment what we have already. 

2 hours ago, knapplc said:

I feel like Nebraska is still not playing "big boy" salaries for baseball, but then I'm not familiar with what the rest of the Big Ten pays either.

We got a major "homer" discount from Darin Erstad and I feel like we are still getting one with Bolt, not only because of his Nebraska history, but because we gave him his first (and hopefully ONLY) P5 gig. If I had to guess, I would say Moos told him that each NU sport is like it's own little company and if he "grows the brand" and increased revenues that he & his staff will benefit with increased salaries, down the road. In any event, the table is set for him. "All" he needs to do is keep things moving forward and hopefully take things to the next level. He's in a Good Spot, in more ways than one, and I think he knows it.