Cornhusker Strong

Objectively speaking:

- the song names are identical

- the openings share similar beats (Merrill's is faster)

- the openings share some similar guitar riff characteristics (though, overall, I think they differentiate themselves enough)

I think Merrill's lawsuit's claim that the two songs are "substantially - even strikingly - similar, if not identical" is hyperbolic. Though, admittedly, it's hard to ignore the coincidences that are there.

Don't care, that song and video are garbage and should be forsaken. My favorite part is that two of the four football players on set are just in socks while the other two are in cleats.

Merrill, a Nebraska native,

rose to internet fame in 2015 with her song “Cornhusker Strong,”

No, she didn't.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
14 hours ago, Landlord said:

Don't care, that song and video are garbage and should be forsaken. My favorite part is that two of the four football players on set are just in socks while the other two are in cleats.

No, she didn't.

I hate that song. It feels, looks and sounds like such a low effort money grab to entice Husker fans into making her famous, and I ended up feeling sort of victimized and minimized by it. It's better to be analogous or metaphorical.

As Kirk Lazarus once said... "You never go full..." Well, we know the rest.

10 hours ago, Xmas32 said:

I always liked the Faith Hill version (although my crush on Faith Hill probably had something to do with it!)

I never heard of Faith Hill until she was a judge on The World Best contest. Voice beyond this world being judged by a bunch of clowns. Hill and especially bald headed guy/gal? talent put together is not even half of Dimash's talent.  Extremely disrespectful on the judges part. Disgusting.  He allowed the children to move forward and made a choice to let he children move ahead.

Previous show .....

Dimash agreed to perform at the Got Talent Global show during his visit to UK.  Simon Cowell and lady judge cried during his performance.

1 hour ago, Hooked on Huskers said:

I never heard of Faith Hill until she was a judge on The World Best contest. Voice beyond this world being judged by a bunch of clowns. Hill and especially bald headed guy/gal? talent put together is not even half of Dimash's talent.  Extremely disrespectful on the judges part. Disgusting.  He allowed the children to move forward and made a choice to let he children move ahead.

Previous show .....

Dimash agreed to perform at the Got Talent Global show during his visit to UK.  Simon Cowell and lady judge cried during his performance.

It's stupid to join a singing competition that you know has children if you're going to quit so they can move forward. His being more talented than them doesn't mean they're not right.

49 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

It's stupid to join a singing competition that you know has children if you're going to quit so they can move forward. His being more talented than them doesn't mean they're not right.

Disagree. Not me but see YouTube comments.  Majority of comments said disrespectful on the judges part.

Here's a glimpse of his humanitarianism :

In 2015, Dimash gave a charitable concert, named "From Heart to Heart", in Atyrau, Kazakhstan, to provide essential medical treatment for a 5 year old girl. He was joined by the Kazakh pop singer Dosymzhan.

Dimash gave benefit performances at the Grand Charity Ball 2015, in the Kazakhstan cities and the funds were donated to children with hearing and speech impairment.

In 2016, he gave a benefit performance at the "100 Grandmas and Grandpas" Charity Evening in Astana, Kazakhstan. The elderly of the regional retirement homes were invited and funds of the event were used for social, economic and medical help for elderly residents.

Dimash donated all profits of his 2016 "Unforgettable Day" concert, held in his home town, to a regional charity organization. With the funds of the concert, seven families in need were supplied with water, utilities, medical care and clothing. A wheel chair accessibility ramp was also set up.

He gave a benefit performance at the Grand Charity Ball 2016, in Uralsk, Kazakhstan. The teenage visually impaired students were invited as honorary guests and the funds were donated to children with visual impairments, to this boarding school and to the regional orphanage

On November 19, 2018, Kudaibergen gave a solo concert in London, UK, during the Great Britain’s Days of Kazakhstan Culture. All proceeds went to promote young talent from Kazakhstan and sponsor youth’ participation in prestigious international contests.

More info can be found on his Wikipedia. How can anyone expect him to compete with kids? You can offer him the world and he still won't be able to bring himself to do it.

28 minutes ago, Hooked on Huskers said:

Disagree. Not me but see YouTube comments.  Majority of comments said disrespectful on the judges part.

More info can be found on his Wikipedia. How can anyone expect him to compete with kids? You can offer him the world and he still won't be able to bring himself to do it.

It's a singing competition. He's expected to compete with kids because he knew going into it there would be kids in the competition.

And is your name Bogdan? "A singer with a voice beyond this world being judged by a bunch of clowns. Come on, all judges talent put together is not even half of Dimash's talent."

Is your name Starfire on YouTube? "Extremely disrespectful on the judges part. Disgusting."

You copied these YouTube comments word for word as your own which is kinda weird.

31 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

You basically copied this YouTube comment word for word as your own which is kinda weird.

Lots of my posts use copy & paste inputs.  Faster instead of my one-finger keyboard ..... slow as molasses!  Plus horrible grammar and lack of spelling knowledge.

survivor massive stroke

• Plus1 1