Holy $#@& Phil Steele

64572423_782595682134926_887131937869240

So much for reasonable expectations in year two.

Edit: I tried uploading a picture, but it didn't work. Anyways, Phil Steele has Nebraska playing Utah ... in the Rose Bowl. 

Edit 2: Figured it out. Picture is in.

Edited by Hans Gruber
Picture wouldn't load
  • Plus1 7

Nebraska is also his #1 most improved team and he said his main set of power ratings have the Huskers going 10-2.

I'm honestly worried now that Nebraska could have a pretty good 9-3 season, and then many fans would think it's a letdown season. 

Well, game on!!!

Does this mean he has Nebraska as B1G champs? Or does he have Michigan making the playoffs?  I can make out Clemson and Georgia, but can't make out who the 2 & 3 seeds are.

I mean, because if the Huskers don't win the conference, it would be kind of a downer to back into the Rose Bowl this year...... :sarcasm

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, funhusker said:

Well, game on!!!

Does this mean he has Nebraska as B1G champs? Or does he have Michigan making the playoffs?  I can make out Clemson and Georgia, but can't make out who the 2 & 3 seeds are.

I mean, because if the Huskers don't win the conference, it would be kind of a downer to back into the Rose Bowl this year...... :sarcasm

Clemson and Georgia? I think Clemson and Alabama. Anywho, Steele has us winning the West the losing to Michigan who makes the playoff leaving us for a Rose Bowl appearance with PAC 12 champs Utah.

Mav posted Steeles prediction a day or 2 ago in the Husker preview megathread but I think most missed it

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I still think we all need to look back to what we used to think of the Big Ten...not much has changed.

The teams we thought sucked suck...We have just been waiting for the Huskers to get good again.

I agree. Other than Ohio State being crazy good because of Urban Meyer the rest of the big 10 has been very beatable. Ohio State will be very beatable moving forward- you do not replace Urban Meyer. They will ride the superior talent for another 2-3 years like Solich did. Unfortunately Nebraska was on a downward trend the last 15 years but the Big 10 homers seem to think its because of them. Its not- the downward trend started like 7 years before we joined the conference.

48 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I still think we all need to look back to what we used to think of the Big Ten...not much has changed.

The teams we thought sucked suck...We have just been waiting for the Huskers to get good again.

I think you are off some on your thinking.  Nebraska has not been very good over the coarse of time it has been in the B1G.  My opinion of the B1G has changed.  To me it is a league full of teams that are very solid/good they just aren't great.  Iowa, Wisconsin, NW, PSU, Michigan are all good teams that have shown very well all over the country over the last few years.  They just haven't been playoff teams. You can't sleep on Purdue, Minnesota, Indiana or  Maryland either.  They show up to play.  

The B1G is a league that you better show up and play every week.  It is still a big boy tough league that will beat each other up it is not a track meet like the B12.  It is much closer to the way the SEC plays football.  

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1