Holy $#@& Phil Steele

1 minute ago, JJ Husker said:

Yes, that was funny.

Now for the really strange thing. The board software is notifying me that you quoted ME with this post.:dunno

Maybe you have twins on the way?!?!?!  Hahahaha  (Be honest, how quickly would you hang yourself???  haha)

Just now, Moiraine said:

I did, then I deleted it. I was just telling you your post made me laugh, 'cause ya UCF is a good example.

That twins post might be the single funniest post I have ever read.  I am jealous I did not think of it.

3 minutes ago, husker98 said:

I honestly wonder how much the current climate of the big ten has affected his projection? Still its an interesting prediction.

This is a really good question and I think that a lot of writers/"experts" still think these things...

1.  Nebraska is and has been a good program and should be good again

2.  NW has a "great" coach but seem to live on lucky street

3.  Minny will never be better than 8-9 wins

4.  Illinois SHOULD be good but they suck

5.  Purdue has a really good coach...But...

6.  Wisconsin...Really good but I think people keep waiting for either the break through 13-0 season...or that 4 win season.

7.  Iowa....boring as f#&%

9 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Fair enough. I just personally hate that we have been on our lowest point since like the 50's. Then some Big 10 folks feel validated that we have come in and struggled when in reality we were already struggling.

When Nebraska joined the Big 10, I felt like Nebraska fans thought they would roll over a weak conference. I don’t know if that was accurate, but that was my impression at the time. I think some Big Ten fans were quietly concerned that Nebraska would dominate and make the conference look bad. When that didn’t happen they copped the attitude you are referring too.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, nic said:

When Nebraska joined the Big 10, I felt like Nebraska fans thought they would roll over a weak conference. I don’t know if that was accurate, but that was my impression at the time. I think some Big Ten fans were quietly concerned that Nebraska would dominate and make the conference look bad. When that didn’t happen they copped the attitude you are referring too.

Uggggg

59 minutes ago, skersfan said:

Nic the idea was quite prevalent on this site.  Our speed would dominate, we would show Wisconsin who the real Big Red was.  Just fans being fans.

We went away from being the old Big Red by 2011.  Pelini knew how to defend the spread-ish stuff being run in the Big XII at the end of NU's time there, but didn't do so well stopping power running games in the B1G.  He couldn't adjust, and then Riley was a product of a terrible administration.  

Speed will give teams like Iowa and Wisconsin issues, but it takes someone who knows what they are doing with that speed.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1