7. Utah

8. Florida

9. Minnesota

10. Virginia Tech

11. Miami (FL)

12. Baylor

13. Nebraska

My list:

Michigan (@Penn ST, tOSU), LSU (@Texas, @Bama), Missouri (@Georgia) Miami (Florida, @Florida St), Utah (@USC, @Washington)

miami would most likely have to beat clemson in the acc title game as well to get in.

2 hours ago, desertshox said:

miami would most likely have to beat clemson in the acc title game as well to get in.

LSU would likely need to beat Georgia, Missouri beat Bama, Utah beat Washignton/Oregon. That is why they all likely won't, but that is why these teams haven't already been to the playoffs.

19 hours ago, huKSer said:

Northwestern? That list looks suspect other than the $EC teams, because the committee will not shy away from having two four of them.:angry:

I stand corrected.

5 hours ago, husker_fan_from_sweden said:

Our expectations have fallen a long way over the years. They haven't been kind to husker nation.

Our performance and our max capabilities have also fallen. Expectations should be based on an actual metric other than, "We should be awesome because we're Nebraska and that's awesome".

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, Hans Gruber said:

You're saying that after back-to-back 4-8 seasons, you'd be upset with Nebraska playing in a bowl game and possibly winning eight games?

I think the only way we're that bad this year is if Martinez gets hurt.  And yes, it would be upsetting. 

12 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Phil Steele has us at 8.5 wins on the season. That seems reasonable.

Me and my buddy bet together each season...and we each pick 5 teams and bet their season wins (either the over or the under).  It is pretty fun.  None of those on the top 10 really catch my eye.  Maybe under on Bama?  I could see them losing one.  I like Illinois over 3.5.

2 hours ago, knapplc said:

Phil Steele has us at 8.5 wins on the season. That seems reasonable.

Thats not Phil Steeles win projections, he is just tweeting the betting lines Caesars Palace has put out for teams he likes this year. He predicted us at 10 regular season wins.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1