Holy $#@& Phil Steele

8 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

With our schedule, anything less than 9 wins and CCG appearance would be a disappointment.

What if we have a ton of injuries at crucial positions with little depth and everyone else on our schedule stays healthy and improves over last year?

41 minutes ago, Landlord said:

What if we have a ton of injuries at crucial positions with little depth and everyone else on our schedule stays healthy and improves over last year?

Yes that would qualify as being a very disappointing year. ;)

Edit:  And if that happens, I'll let Coach Frost know who to blame.

Edited by HS_Coach_C
  • Haha 2
6 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Michigan won’t end up there. 

Totally agree.  I feel like they have two major problems.

1.  Their offense lets other teams stay in the game.  They run a slow old timey offense and when you do that you let lesser teams stick around and anything can happen.

2.  I think they have a confidence problem.  I think that when they line up to play MSU, PSU and especially OSU that they are waiting for something bad to happen.  

26 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Totally agree.  I feel like they have two major problems.

1.  Their offense lets other teams stay in the game.  They run a slow old timey offense and when you do that you let lesser teams stick around and anything can happen.

2.  I think they have a confidence problem.  I think that when they line up to play MSU, PSU and especially OSU that they are waiting for something bad to happen.  

They have moved to a no huddle/spread attack this spring

• Plus1 1
18 minutes ago, n.e.husker said:

They have moved to a no huddle/spread attack this spring

Yeah...but do you see that lasting?

Coaches rarely change that they do...the second they try something new and it doesn't "work" they tend to lean back on what they have done for years.

40 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Yeah...but do you see that lasting?

Coaches rarely change that they do...the second they try something new and it doesn't "work" they tend to lean back on what they have done for years.

The biggest problem, at least in my opinion, has been Harbaugh’s inability to allow his offensive staff to run the offense as they want. Remember last year they brought in new coaches that were going to open that offense up to go along with the predominantly shotgun oriented, gunslinger in Patterson. What they got was a bastardized offense that didn’t play to anyone’s strengths. 

So word this year is they’re starting new and embracing the RPO and kicking Harbaugh and his offense to the curb. They have enough talent that they shouldn’t be a problem in nearly every game. But, as you say, Harbaugh has his style, and that’s defense and ball control. It’s what he knows, and what he trusts. With so much pressure on him to finally beat Ohio St and finally earn that salary, can he trust his offensive coaches even if he might lose the game?

Every report from spring camp says Harbaugh handed over the keys. No more committee play calling. That said, I don't believe the hype. The defense is replacing too many and takes a step back this year. No depth on the dline either. Offense will be better than last year. Top 15 team for sure. Top 10 maybe.