Holy $#@& Phil Steele

12 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

The defense was bad last year, not below average.

And I think improving to below average will make a big difference, given that a lot of our games were close and we have an easier schedule this year.

If the defense had been merely below average last year we might’ve gone 7-5 or 8-4. 

The offense will almost assuredly still carry the load this season but I hope Chinander will become a better DC as he gets more experience and we’ll have average or even good defenses in the near future. 

Think this is the biggest key. It's been talked about how, when this offense is clicking, the defense is going to be out there a lot so their numbers are going to be skewed. I don't think Chins had the bodies he needed last year and it was obvious. Also, the leftover "talent" from Riley which didn't help. I think in 2-3 years we will see a good defense. This year needs to be average and an 8-9 win season becomes a reality after two 4-8 seasons. Lots to be excited about, but this will take some adjusting from fans who expect to see a 2009/2010 type of defense come fall camp. 

I can't think of the guys name, but on XM this morning, Andy Staples partner predicted Nebraska in the NC game.  Sure are a lot of high expectations for us.

I am not drinking the Kool Aid, but do expect to see a good amount of improvement.  I think we are couple of years away from that level.  I need to see improvement before I believe in miracles.  

1 hour ago, skersfan said:

I can't think of the guys name, but on XM this morning, Andy Staples partner predicted Nebraska in the NC game.  Sure are a lot of high expectations for us.

I am not drinking the Kool Aid, but do expect to see a good amount of improvement.  I think we are couple of years away from that level.  I need to see improvement before I believe in miracles.  

Imagine the ride if that actually happened though :koolaid2::nanalama

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, skersfan said:

I don’t know who this is, but here’s another

• Plus1 1
51 minutes ago, Scarlet Overkill said:

Northwestern? That list looks suspect other than the $EC teams, because the committee will not shy away from having two of them.:angry:

• Plus1 1

58 minutes ago, Scarlet Overkill said:

I think Nebraska is a great dark horse candidate, but this list appears to not be that. There have to be better choices than most of these. Only 10 teams have been in a playoff.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, Scarlet Overkill said:

I think it's an easier bet that none of those teams will make it

1. I'll be over the moon if we win just the West

2. Georgia and Alabama too good to let LSU do it

3. Will never be let in

4. Favorite on the list if they didn't have such a rough schedule and always choke against OSU

5. Were lucky to win as many as they did last year

6. Would probably have to beat Clemson twice

7. There's no way Dan Mullen is actually a playoff caliber coach

8. God Forbid

9. They would have to win out and they won't

10. Incapable of not dropping a couple dumb loses

• Plus1 1
13 hours ago, Scarlet Overkill said:

Obviously 2,4,7,8 all have a shot to make a playoff in any given year due to current talent. Nebraska isn't a terrible pick, but they would be further down the list for me, definitely below Michigan right now. As for the rest, A&M can stay on the list but I would replace the other 4 with Oregon, USC, Penn State and Auburn.

5 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

Obviously 2,4,7,8 all have a shot to make a playoff in any given year due to current talent. Nebraska isn't a terrible pick, but they would be further down the list for me, definitely below Michigan right now. As for the rest, A&M can stay on the list but I would replace the other 4 with Oregon, USC, Penn State and Auburn.

Oregon’s made the playoff before. 

Wisconsin could be added too. Don’t think they’ll make it but they’ve come close recently. 

1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

Oregon’s made the playoff before. 

Wisconsin could be added too. Don’t think they’ll make it but they’ve come close recently. 

Duh! How could I forget about the very first one. Wisconsin could definitely be mentioned. I'd probably go with Miami in place of the Ducks just because they play a weak schedule and have pretty strong talent.

20 hours ago, Scarlet Overkill said:

This is a bold pick. Even if Nebraska won the west and the Big Ten championship game—they would still not be a lock for the playoff. They might have to be undefeated for that to happen. Maybe 1 loss. 

According to ESPN FPI the list would be:

1. Michigan

2. UCF

3. Boise St

4. LSU

5. Penn St

6. Missouri

7. Utah

8. Florida

9. Minnesota

10. Virginia Tech

11. Miami (FL)

12. Baylor

13. Nebraska

My list:

Michigan (@Penn ST, tOSU), LSU (@Texas, @Bama), Missouri (@Georgia) Miami (Florida, @Florida St), Utah (@USC, @Washington)