Class of 2020 Walk-Ons

• 3 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

Barron’s amazing play in the 93 Okie State game (punt block for a TD) should be on anyone’s list of greatest all time football plays.  

I assume it was recorded as a blocked punt but technically should be called a 0 yard punt return for a TD.  

He caught the punt about 2” off the punter’s foot in the end zone for an instantaneous 6!   I have never seen another like it in 50 years of watching fb at any level.  

The timing could not be more perfect and catching a ball at that point of a kick is amazing.  

He was a great kick blocker and pound for pound just super quick and a playmaker.  

• Plus1 2

3-for-2 DB.

This past season Moore finished with 41 tackles, including 27 solo stops and a fumble recovery. The long defender said he feels his instincts often come alive on the field, allowing him to be in the right spot. That comes from plenty of preparation.

"I would describe myself as an intelligent player who understands the game inside and out," he said. "Along with being that, I feel confident in the role at Iowa Western in being a field general, you know. 'Over communicate' is what my coaches used to always tell me."

https://247sports.com/college/nebraska/Article/Darius-Moore-chooses-to-walk-on-at-Nebraska-after-finishing-time-with-Iowa-Western-148438350/

• Plus1 1

I have not read much discussion of the walk ons and sometimes feel like they are almost forgotten.  This crop seems to be shaping up as pretty good, especially considering the no visits-virus-no camps-no contracts-no spring etc complications.  These are real issues to overcome and throw in the competition from other schools, econ shutdown and so forth.   

We are recruiting amazingly well for a program with our win% recently.  

Go Big Red!  

• Plus1 1
  • 1 month later...