Class of 2020 Walk-Ons

Here's an article about k/p Tyler Crawford.  LINK  

It says he "made 4-of-7 field goal attempts during his senior season in high school and knocked down 42-of-43 extra point attempts. He also posted a punting average of 38.1 yards per boot while pinning opponents inside their 20-yard line 11 times on 28 attempts."

• Plus1 2

Here's a 247 article about Psencik.  LINK  

6-foot, 192-pounds  //  first-team all district honors in 2017 and 2018

"As a senior, Psenick ran for 956 yards and 15 touchdowns, averaging eight yards per carry. He added 29 catches for 571 yards and nine touchdowns. He also returned two kickoffs for touchdowns. As a junior, Psenick ran for 1,043 yards and 17 touchdowns. "

• Plus1 2

3 hours ago, FrankWheeler said:

I haven't seen Matthias Algarin shown as any of the official walk-ons. Any insight why he isn't listed?

I think he's more a track guy than a football recruit, although obviously he's going to do both:

Might be a track scholarship, not sure if/how that plays into listing him as a walk-on for football. Probably not an issue, just not including athletes from other sports who are also walking on for football in the graphics. Looks like his sister (I'm assuming) is on the track team as well, so I wouldn't be concerned about him not coming here after all if that's what you're wondering.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, FrankWheeler said:

I haven't seen Matthias Algarin shown as any of the official walk-ons. Any insight why he isn't listed?

Matthias Algarin - Pierz Healy (Minn.) - Athlete - 5-foot-11, 165 pounds

Briefly: Helped his team to a state title in Minnesota and will play football and also be on Nebraska’s track and field team. He did a little bit of everything as a senior, carrying 145 times for 1,278 yards and 24 touchdowns. He added 21 catches for 503 yards and five touchdowns, plus three kick returns for touchdowns. On defense, Algarin added 34 tackles, two interceptions and 18 pass breakups.

• Plus1 1
  • 3 weeks later...

3 minutes ago, GSG said:

Some videos here: https://kohlskicking.com/player-profiles/sami-khawja

Kohl's has him rated a 4.5 star kicker and punter. #100 kicker and #77 punter 

So, for the average Mark, they are ranking lets say 100 kickers and 100 punters each year ... and this guy is ranked #100 as a kicker and #77 as a punter.  With roughly 120 Division I schools, what is the give that he is ranked 4.5 star rating and yet there are so many ahead of him in both skill positions.  

I'm obviously missing something here.

13 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

So, for the average Mark, they are ranking lets say 100 kickers and 100 punters each year ... and this guy is ranked #100 as a kicker and #77 as a punter.  With roughly 120 Division I schools, what is the give that he is ranked 4.5 star rating and yet there are so many ahead of him in both skill positions.  

I'm obviously missing something here.

The way I understand it is that 4.5 stars and 5 stars are college ready:

kohls.thumb.jpg.cedc9ead3b76f144191a9111e851951b.jpg

• Plus1 1
  • 2 weeks later...