** 2019 Previews: CollegeFootballNews Big Ten Predictions**

2019 Preseason Big Ten Team-By-Team Predictions For Every Game

If you thought last season in the West was wacky, good luck with this year’s version. Wisconsin might have a slew of issues, but it also gets several key games at home. Unfortunately, it also plays Michigan and goes to Michigan State. Nebraska has just about all of its biggest games at home – don’t be shocked if it takes down Ohio State … but we’re not ready to call that just yet.

2019 Nebraska Football Schedule

2019 Preseason Prediction: 7-5
2019 Preseason Big Ten Prediction: 5-4
2018 Record: 4-8
– 2019 Nebraska Preview

Aug. 31 South Alabama W
Sept. 7 at Colorado L
Sept. 14 Northern Illinois W
Sept. 21 at Illinois W
Sept. 28 Ohio State L
Oct. 5 Northwestern W
Oct. 12 at Minnesota L
Oct. 19 OPEN DATE
Oct. 26 Indiana W
Nov. 2 at Purdue L
Nov. 9 OPEN DATE
Nov. 16 Wisconsin W
Nov. 23 at Maryland L
Nov. 30 Iowa W

https://collegefootballnews.com/2019/06/big-ten-football-schedule-team-predictions-for-every-game-2019/2

• Plus1 1

7 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

What's crazier, this one at 7-5 or the guys who have us at 10-2?

I'm gonna say 7-5 is further off the mark.

If I had to pick right now, I'm guessing we finish 8-4. THere's still a lot of question marks, and until we get over the hump, I'm going to remain skeptical. I'll open a "call your shot" thread once we get to the media days cycle.

3 minutes ago, Scarlet Overkill said:

I could see a reason for each of the predictions.  We’ll just have to see, though.

Same, I just don't think all of them happen. I could see Colorado or Maryland sneaking up on us, but not both. Maryland is has a better run game than Illinois, so it could turn into a weird shootout. Similar with Purdue and Minnesota - wouldn't be surprised at all if we lose either of those games, I just don't think it's both.

9 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

What's crazier, this one at 7-5 or the guys who have us at 10-2?

I'm gonna say 7-5 is further off the mark.

10-2 is crazier than 7-5. All of our question marks/deficiencies will have be addressed in order to reach 10-2. Key injuries and other bad luck (penalties, turnovers) could easily derail our season.

• Plus1 3

1 minute ago, Landlord said:

I don't think either is crazy and I think both are relatively reasonable but I think 10-2 is slightly less reasonable.

I think 9-3 is more likely than 8-4, therefore 10-2 seems less unlikely than 7-5. I wouldn’t be shocked by any of those regular season records.

The only game I used to worry about was the Okla game, back in the day. 

Now I would like to have to only worry about, the OSU game, in season or Conf finale.

Have a hard time seeing us lose to the type of teams, we used to never worry about. I think Frost is going to restore those days again, if the D comes around soon.

GBR!!!

• Plus1 1

The writer lost me when he picked us to lose at Colorado...  There is no reason we should drop that game.  New coach, new system, and inferior talent.  On top of those three factors, there won't be much of a home field advantage with 1/3 of the stadium wearing red.  I also question the Maryland game loss... the other three seem like reasonable predictions.  I have us at 8-4 or 9-3 on the low end and 10-2 or maybe 11-1 if the stars align.  

• Plus1 1

While I am more confident in Coach Frost than I have been with any of our coaches since T.O., I have found myself tempering my expectations this year. After having overconfident expectations every season, two 4-8 seasons have me fighting trepidation.

I struggle to think we will win nine games. Yet, when I look at our schedule, I don’t see a game I think we can’t win. So, while I usually would say “B1G Championship, fo sho”, I’m now thinking “maybe we can back into a division title...?”.

I can’t wait to shake this feeling.

Addendum: maybe all of my overly optimistic hysteria has been channeled into the Browns, as I have been thinking “we could reach the Super Bowl!”

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1