Husker Fan Day - August 1st - 5:30-7:30

1 hour ago, Enhance said:

Couldn't the 'long line' problem be solved just by promoting only the first X number of people who show up will be able to get Frost's autograph? That's literally how this stuff is done all the time. You can even have a couple of people counting heads and informing the crowd when it's nearing capacity.

I agree with @Cdog923 - I think this move, while trying to appear positive, is in poor taste.

I don't like that you have to join some club to get in line. However I do like it being limited to kids. If you just say x number of people are in you'll likely have a lot of kids be crowded out. I think the best option would be to make it kid plus one adult and a lottery. Everyone interested can put their name in and x number of names are drawn and those kids plus an adult are in. That way it's not a money grab by the university that limits some kids ability to go and it still allows the kids to meet frost without being crowded out by middle aged dudes. 

14 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Pretty much; it's pretty easy to tell who's just there to get autographs to sell online. 

I guess there must be more money in it than I thought.

Anyone ever been to fan day?  It sounds like a nightmare.

Shoot why not just do 3 days of it but break if up by the last name of the fans...and do a 1/3 each day.

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

I guess there must be more money in it than I thought.

Anyone ever been to fan day?  It sounds like a nightmare.

Nope but when I worked with the team we'd leave the stadium after practice a few hours before fan day started and the line would already be huge. Just looked so stupid to be standing in line for that long just for autographs and pictures of college kids

1 minute ago, Swiv3D said:

Nope but when I worked with the team we'd leave the stadium after practice a few hours before fan day started and the line would already be huge. Just looked so stupid to be standing in line for that long just for autographs and pictures of college kids

I agree with you.

6 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

Pretty much; it's pretty easy to tell who's just there to get autographs to sell online. 

I would guess this is the main driver behind the change.  Try to get the kids who really just want to see Frost a chance to get through the line and attempt to keep out the people who are trying to make a buck for themselves.  It’s not a perfect system but it’s about the only thing you can do.

I’m sure there with be a lot of whining and complaining but I really don’t have an issue with it.

5 minutes ago, HS_Coach_C said:

I didn't have an issue with the way they were going to do fan day autographs, but this might help a few people come to terms with it.

That's awesome, and it does dissuade my concerns about Fan Day quite a bit. Thank you for posting this. 

On 6/26/2019 at 11:18 AM, teachercd said:

Things I thought had gone the way of the dinosaur...

1.  Men seeking autographs

2.  Husker themed rooms with autographs on s#!t

3.  Camo shorts (God I wish those would come back)

4.  Jean shorts for men

You described about 75% of fans of this team

• Plus1 1