Jump to content
Mavric

Husker Fan Day - August 1st - 5:30-7:30

Recommended Posts




Fans should be aware of a couple changes to this year’s Fan Day. In order to manage the intense demand for Head Coach Scott Frost’s autograph line, only Nebraska JV Team members will be allowed in the Frost autograph line. The Nebraska JV team is the official kids’ club of the Huskers and is open to all kids in the eighth grade and below.

Those interested in joining the Nebraska JV team can do so beginning on July 1, by visiting Huskers.com/JVTeam.

The Coach Frost autograph line will be limited to a pre-determined number of Nebraska JV Team members on a first-come, first-served basis. The JV team members will check in at 4:30 p.m. at the Hawks Championship Center entrance.

Each JV team member may be accompanied in the line by one adult and can have one item signed. The JV team member will also be able to take a picture with Coach Frost, who will be stationed inside the Osborne Athletic Complex similar to last year’s setup. More information on Fan Day will be sent to JV Team members as Fan Day nears.

 

  • Plus1 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Each membership costs just $35 per child, and includes all the great stuff this page details. Membership runs from August 1 through June 30 each year, with renewal taking place in July. 

Nebraska JV Team Benefits in 2019-20
  • Welcome package including T-shirt, ID card, lanyard, schedule cards, and more!
  • *NEW THIS YEAR! Only JV team members will be permitted to meet Coach Frost at Football Fan Day (Date TBA). Each JV Team member may be accompanied by one adult and have one item signed. More information to be provided the week of Fan Day
  • Early admission & special JV Team entrance to Football Fan Day letting you be first in line to meet the Husker football team if registered by July 30^
  • Free admission for members with JV Team ID card for all Husker regular-season home sporting events except Football, Volleyball and Men's Basketball. (General admission seating)
  • One free ticket to the Volleyball Red-White Fall Scrimmage*
  • One free ticket to a select Men's Basketball non-conference game & on-court shoot around*
  • One free ticket to the Football Red-White Spring Game*
  • Weekly e-mails updating you on this week's Huskers home events and upcoming JV Team promotions
  • Birthday e-card to celebrate your big day with a $5 gift card to the Huskers Shop online store!
  • Special JV Team promotions at select sporting events
  • Seasonally themed JV Team prize packs mailed Fall (welcome package), Winter, Spring & Summer!

link to this article: http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=1552616

 

link to to join the JV team: https://huskers.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventList?DB_OEM_ID=100&groupCode=KC&linkID=m-huskers&_template=chocolate&fromDesktop=1

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cdog923 said:

 

That's an awful decision. 

Agreed pretty stupid and greedy on Nebraska’s part. So much for getting Frost to autograph my Frost portrait I drew. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cdog923 said:

Really? 

 

 

Yes, because I'm wondering the same thing. Is it because some kids won't be able to meet Frost because they aren't members or because a bunch of middle aged men in football jerseys 3 sizes too big won't be able to meet Frost?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

 

 

Yes, because I'm wondering the same thing. Is it because some kids won't be able to meet Frost because they aren't members or because a bunch of middle aged men in football jerseys 3 sizes too big won't be able to meet Frost?

 

They're monetizing kids in order to interact with the most popular person in the football program at an event that is one of the two low-cost opportunities for families who might not be able to go to a regular game to interact with the team; as someone who has worked with lower socioeconomic families in both Lincoln and Omaha, that really grinds my gears. 

 

(Also, this "JV team" idea is a bit odd, too, as they advertise free tickets to the spring game as part of the membership fee of $35, when spring game tickets are always free for kids; is this an indication of a pivot away from that, too?)

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

They're monetizing kids in order to interact with the most popular person in the football program at an event that is one of the two low-cost opportunities for families who might not be able to go to a regular game to interact with the team; as someone who has worked with lower socioeconomic families in both Lincoln and Omaha, that really grinds my gears. 

 

(Also, this "JV team" idea is a bit odd, too, as they advertise free tickets to the spring game as part of the membership fee of $35, when spring game tickets are always free for kids; is this an indication of a pivot away from that, too?)

 

 

So maybe they should've just had the part where it has to be a kid and only accompanied by 1 adult. They had to do something or there would be people standing in line for hours who still wouldn't be able to see him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

 

 

So maybe they should've just had the part where it has to be a kid and only accompanied by 1 adult. They had to do something or there would be people standing in line for hours who still wouldn't be able to see him.

 

I don't disagree with that; his line was astronomically long last year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

 

Really? 

 

2 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

 

They're monetizing kids in order to interact with the most popular person in the football program at an event that is one of the two low-cost opportunities for families who might not be able to go to a regular game to interact with the team; as someone who has worked with lower socioeconomic families in both Lincoln and Omaha, that really grinds my gears. 

 

(Also, this "JV team" idea is a bit odd, too, as they advertise free tickets to the spring game as part of the membership fee of $35, when spring game tickets are always free for kids; is this an indication of a pivot away from that, too?)

I was genuinely wondering and your guys' discussion helped out haha

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Couldn't the 'long line' problem be solved just by promoting only the first X number of people who show up will be able to get Frost's autograph? That's literally how this stuff is done all the time. You can even have a couple of people counting heads and informing the crowd when it's nearing capacity.

 

I agree with @Cdog923 - I think this move, while trying to appear positive, is in poor taste.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.










×
×
  • Create New...