Alternate Uniforms 2019

Here's a little tid bit from /r/huskers:

Just wanted to drop some news off from Rivals today.

None of this is confirmed obviously but it appears we will not have a true alternate jersey this year, but instead will have a THIRD team jersey color which will be used in any games we'd like. Said it will be similar to their red/whites. I'm sure more info will be coming out soon, since I've seen a lot of other schools start posting their 2019 jerseys on twitter, etc.

• Plus1 1

48 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Maybe this means we are essentially creating a permanent uniform combo that we will pull out every year and possibly add to? A third color sounds like something that could live past 2019 as a one off uniform.

I think so.

Doubt we'll ever do anything close to Oregon, but when Scott started at UCF they made the new uniforms with 3 options each for helmet, jersey, and pants and wore it different every week.

Not saying Nebraska will or should do that, but I can see us incorporating the Blackshirts motif as a 3rd option to occasionally use.

• Plus1 1

I'm sure it will be something that the players think is cool, but I doubt Coach Frost will let it be too gimmicky,. When he was at UCF they had no tradition so he was trying to find different things to attract kids, where as we have lots of tradition so while it might be different from what we're used to, I doubt it will be too far from traditional NU

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Landlord said:

Interesting tidbit that doesn't really say much. If that's to believe, then the third would presumably either be a black jersey, an all-white alternate (which we've worn a lot over the last few years), or an all-red alternate? Or, this:

he6pss1tae801.png?width=1024&auto=webp&s

That tire tread on the jersey is hideous.  Stupid Adidas.

• Haha 1

I personally hate the all-white look - the ones we wore against NW were the best by far, I could tolerate those. But in general I just don't like the look, if we go all one color I prefer red.

I feel like it has to be black if it's true though, "third team jersey color" implies not red or white. We don't have a tertiary color, and black is really the only other color that makes sense with the blackshirts. Anything other than black or a gray/silver probably just clashes too hard with the traditional red.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
17 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

I personally hate the all-white look - the ones we wore against NW were the best by far, I could tolerate those. But in general I just don't like the look, if we go all one color I prefer red.

I feel like it has to be black if it's true though, "third team jersey color" implies not red or white. We don't have a tertiary color, and black is really the only other color that makes sense with the blackshirts. Anything other than black or a gray/silver probably just clashes too hard with the traditional red.

I hope not gray. I’ve never liked when the coaches wear gray because it looks too Ohio Statey.

or should I say aOSU. AN Ohio State. 

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 2