Alternate Uniforms 2019

9 hours ago, The Maudfather said:

These are excellent. Adidas finally executed a great looking alternate.

It's hilarious that after eight years, one of the best solutions they've come up with is as simple as "let's take an idea the fans have said on the messageboards since 2012 and just make the same uniform black instead of red with the blackshirts logo"

9 hours ago, The Maudfather said:

Guarantee we have our first actual university sanctioned blackout game this year. Going from the sea of red to the black sea is an aesthetic I can't wait to see.

That would be cool, because the only way to do it right would be to supply shirts to every single person in the stadium.

• Plus1 2

I like these alternates in that they are a simple reproduction of our classic uniform, but with black instead of red.  The Blackshirt logo on the side is a good touch, and pays homage to the long-standing practice jerseys for the #1 defense.

However, I am in the minority and not a big fan of just using a black jersey to be worn as an alternate jersey for different games.  I just don't like teams using black uniforms just for the sake of using black.  I know I will get a ton of links showing the official style guide showing black as an official color, but IMO the official school colors are Scarlet and Cream.  It's those 2 colors.  Oh well, I will get off my soapbox and yell at everyone to get off my lawn.

8 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I like these alternates in that they are a simple reproduction of our classic uniform, but with black instead of red.  The Blackshirt logo on the side is a good touch, and pays homage to the long-standing practice jerseys for the #1 defense.

However, I am in the minority and not a big fan of just using a black jersey to be worn as an alternate jersey for different games.  I just don't like teams using black uniforms just for the sake of using black.  I know I will get a ton of links showing the official style guide showing black as an official color, but IMO the official school colors are Scarlet and Cream.  It's those 2 colors.  Oh well, I will get off my soapbox and yell at everyone to get off my lawn.

I think its just a thing schools do nowadays. OSU for example wears that all black uniform fairly often but their official colors are grey and scarlet. The kids like it, it looks "cool" that is the purpose it serves.

1 minute ago, Nebfanatic said:

I think its just a thing schools do nowadays. OSU for example wears that all black uniform fairly often but their official colors are grey and scarlet. The kids like it, it looks "cool" that is the purpose it serves.

I understand that the "wearing black for black sake" has been a trend for a number of years, and it's popular with a lot of people (kids especially).  I am just not a fan.  I am fine being in the minority.

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

giphy.gif

Ok, "cream" is the official name of the color, but yes it looks white.  I don't know why you guys are being so technical with this.

I am going off my Street and Smith football previews I used to read back in the day.  They had a section in the back with each school's location, enrollment, school colors, and schedule for that year.  Nebraska's official colors were Scarlet and Cream.  Just like Oklahoma's colors were Crimson and Cream.

Don't get me started when announcers call NU the team in Crimson.  It's a totally different shade of red.

11 hours ago, The Maudfather said:

These are excellent. Adidas finally executed a great looking alternate.

Guarantee we have our first actual university sanctioned blackout game this year. Going from the sea of red to the black sea is an aesthetic I can't wait to see.

Love the modern, creative and cool direction this program is taking while maintaining its traditions. 

They look almost exactly the same as 2013. 

2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Ok, "cream" is the official name of the color, but yes it looks white.  I don't know why you guys are being so technical with this.

I am going off my Street and Smith football previews I used to read back in the day.  They had a section in the back with each school's location, enrollment, school colors, and schedule for that year.  Nebraska's official colors were Scarlet and Cream.  Just like Oklahoma's colors were Crimson and Cream.

Don't get me started when announcers call NU the team in Crimson.  It's a totally different shade of red.

Soooo....you're OK with one color close to the official color.....but, you get upset when someone mentions another one that is close.

giphy.gif

The thing is, you're selective in what colors you are OK with even though they are not the school colors.  Which is fine.  But......