Alternate Uniforms 2019

31 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I know I will get a ton of links showing the official style guide showing black as an official color, but IMO the official school colors are Scarlet and Cream.  

I mean. Uh. You're allowed to have an opinion, I guess - but your opinion is wrong. You just said so yourself. The actual official school colors include black. But your opinion is that.... they don't? :lol: 

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

They look almost exactly the same as 2013. 

They look a lot better than 2013. The 2013 ones were decent but had a lot of elements that were just for the sake of doing something different, they didn't actually have any particular reason for existing. These take the best parts of that, and get rid of all the unnecessary fluff.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Landlord said:

They look a lot better than 2013. The 2013 ones were decent but had a lot of elements that were just for the sake of doing something different, they didn't actually have any particular reason for existing. These take the best parts of that, and get rid of all the unnecessary fluff.

Obviously I have an opinion which differs from others on this board.  I am the odd ball.  To me, NU's official colors have always been Scarlet and Cream (which is a technical color of "white")  That's the basis of the uniforms for as long as I have been alive.  Yes, there are patches which include black trim, and other sports at NU have used black in their uniform schemes.  I am a traditionalist, and the NU traditional school colors are Red and White (ie Scarlet and Cream).  I will step off the ledge now.  

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Landlord said:

giphy.gif

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, Landlord said:

So, in other words, the uniforms should only be a solid (school) color, the numbers and absolutely nothing else.  

1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

and Cream (which is a technical color of "white")   

That's also not accurate. As shown above, cream isn't white. Officially and technically UNL's cream color is PANTONE 7401C, or hex #fdf2d9

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, in other words, the uniforms should only be a solid (school) color, the numbers and absolutely nothing else.  

There's no such thing as what they should be, but they are what they are and people can evaluate and have opinions accordingly. 2013 was fine but personally as someone that does design work and art professionally, I didn't think they were as good or as sensible. These work better because they're informed better imo.

9 minutes ago, Landlord said:

There's no such thing as what they should be, but they are what they are and people can evaluate and have opinions accordingly. 2013 was fine but personally as someone that does design work and art professionally, I didn't think they were as good or as sensible. These work better because they're informed better imo.

I'm just trying to nail down what your opinion is.

What I think you implied is that nothing should be done if it doesn't have a purpose.  Well....I think the only aspects of a uniform design that actually have a purpose is the color and number.