Alternate Uniforms 2019

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm just trying to nail down what your opinion is.

What I think you implied is that nothing should be done if it doesn't have a purpose.  Well....I think the only aspects of a uniform design that actually have a purpose is the color and number.

It's all obviously a bit relative and subjective. 

A lot of times the extent of the purpose of an alternate is just, "LOOK COOL AND DIFFERENT!" Which is a good purpose, if you execute it well. The 2013 jerseys had a number of things that weren't executed that well, imo. The 'N' in the pant stripes is weird and unnecessary. What was the reason for the stencil prison number font? If the font was cool I wouldn't have minded but it didn't do much for me. We've still never figured out the actual reason for Adidas' tire tread patterns which add a s#!t ton of busyness to their uniforms. The black/red facemask gradient was also kind of random, but it actually looked badass, so no need to go looking any deeper than that. 

These ones have an informed purpose of 'why' behind the purpose of, "LOOK COOL AND DIFFERENT!", which is cool. And different. Hooray!

Back in the early 90s Nebraska's basketball team wore black unis with red numbers outlined in white (or vice versa) for a season or two. I just remember seeing Rich King wearing that during games on TV.

The black is really done well and I think a third option based in the secondary pallet of colors gives the kids a little more incentive. And I'm also a big fan of the all whites and how crisp those look for certain games. They don't have to wear them all the time, but trotting the black ones out or the white ones out once in a while gives a little bit of variety and kids love it even if the fans don't.

11 minutes ago, CharBroiled said:

Back in the early 90s Nebraska's basketball team wore black unis with red numbers outlined in white (or vice versa) for a season or two. I just remember seeing Rich King wearing that during games on TV.

The black is really done well and I think a third option based in the secondary pallet of colors gives the kids a little more incentive. And I'm also a big fan of the all whites and how crisp those look for certain games. They don't have to wear them all the time, but trotting the black ones out or the white ones out once in a while gives a little bit of variety and kids love it even if the fans don't.

Black for a home game and all whites for an away game......sounds good.

3 hours ago, The Maudfather said:

I still can't tell if the N is red or black. The people need answers - the media needs to jump on it. 

I shared a couple pictures off Twitter where this jersey is being used(at least I think it is) and it would appear the stripe down the center is black and the N is still red. 

4 hours ago, 30-50 Feral Hogs said:

Aside from a couple of tweaks here and there, what's so different or special about this uniform compared to what the Blackshirts wear in practice everyday?

I think that’s the point, for a long time a black alternate has been discussed on here. It’s a sleek new look, pays tribute to a  long celebrated tradition at Nebraska (The Blackshirts) all while not getting too far from the standard jerseys we all love. 

I don’t know when it happened, but at some point Adidas took “alternate” as get as weird as you can get without pissing everyone off. They got quite close several times as, in my opinion, most the alternates we had were horrible. 

17 minutes ago, bisonwiches said:

I think that’s the point, for a long time a black alternate has been discussed on here. It’s a sleek new look, pays tribute to a  long celebrated tradition at Nebraska (The Blackshirts) all while not getting too far from the standard jerseys we all love. 

I don’t know when it happened, but at some point Adidas took “alternate” as get as weird as you can get without pissing everyone off. They got quite close several times as, in my opinion, most the alternates we had were horrible. 

I will never understand why they thought the duct tape numbers looked like anything but trash, or... duct tape. 

7 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I will never understand why they thought the duct tape numbers looked like anything but trash, or... duct tape. 

There were (I Think) some red ones with numbers that looked like duct tape that looked horrible.  The all whites we wore a few years ago and the ones shown in this thread with red numbers look awesome.

11 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Source? 

The OP. I think it was just a rumor at the time, but the fact we have had no announcement that we'll have an alternate, no official unveiling, and it looks like our regular home jersey except black with Blackshirts logo, lends credence to it.

That said, they unveiled the jerseys in October last time. I feel like we knew we were gonna have one though.

• Fire 1
7 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

The OP. I think it was just a rumor at the time, but the fact we have had no announcement that we'll have an alternate, no official unveiling, and it looks like our regular home jersey except black with Blackshirts logo, lends credence to it.

That said, they unveiled the jerseys in October last time. I feel like we knew we were gonna have one though.

10-4