Alternate Uniforms 2019

2 hours ago, Red Five said:

Let’s be honest here, if Riley had came out and said the same thing Frost said today about the uniforms he and the idea would have been ridiculed to high heaven.

If Riley had this idea the defense would never have worn them because Riley's defense was never worth rewarding. chuckleshuffle

• Plus1 1

It doesn’t matter if Riley had been ridiculed, for one simple reason. Frost played against the Blackshirts and has their ear. He lived it. If he thinks it’s okay then it’s okay. He’s making the decision with that as his background. 

Riley would’ve been making it about something he knew almost nothing about. If it turned out to be a good idea it would’ve been something he accidentally fell into. 

1 minute ago, broganreynik said:

I’m interested in how they decide the defense had a good game. Under 300 yards, 14 points, or five yards per play would be a good threshold. Three turnovers. Maybe accomplish two of the goals and it’s a good game... only if they actually win.

A lot of ideas to consider.

I saw <10 points somewhere, but I don't remember if that was actually in the press conference. That seems good to me, even with a really good defense that's not happening often. A shutout is probably too much to ask, I get the sense he wants to wear these at least once a year and probably hopes for 2-3 games. UCF wasn't quite Oregon, but they had a decent variety of uniforms.

3 hours ago, Red Five said:

Let’s be honest here, if Riley had came out and said the same thing Frost said today about the uniforms he and the idea would have been ridiculed to high heaven.

I've actually always wanted a black jersey option and I know I'm not alone. Players think black uniforms are badass, just look at trends. Everyone is fine with the offense changing and being faster and flashy as opposed to the smash mouth football of yesteryear, but not the uniforms? C'mon now!! I love the idea of honoring the defense and if that helps improvement on the field, everyone else should too, even the state of our defense since 2009 or lack of...

• Fire 1
10 hours ago, Swiv3D said:

But frost isn't riley so why is that relevant? 

idk personally I think conversations about whether or not ideas are accepted based on the merit of the idea itself or based off the reputation of the person presenting it are usually pretty interesting to talk about and fun explorations.

• Plus1 2

19 hours ago, Landlord said:

idk personally I think conversations about whether or not ideas are accepted based on the merit of the idea itself or based off the reputation of the person presenting it are usually pretty interesting to talk about and fun explorations.

The issue with Riley getting ridiculed is based on his abysmal coaching career.  And not just at NU.  (So to your point, IMHO person presenting it)  That dude should have never been hired, never fielded a defense and was .504 before he even got here.  Now season one had he even remotely been interested in any of the culture, history, traditions of NU, maybe it is a different discussion.  I didn't want him hired form day one.  Glad to see he was fired.  But that's just me.

I think Pelini could have brought it up or Solich.  Cally and Coz would have been as ridiculous as Riley......IMHO, person based....

• 4 weeks later...