Alternate Uniforms 2019

• 3 weeks later...

3 home games left: Indiana, Wisconsin, and Iowa. Indiana and Wisconsin are also Adidas schools and Iowa is not, but I believe they've both used their alternates and don't have plans for more so I don't think it means much. Not a Wisconsin 2012 situation where Adidas wants to show off both uniforms.

I really hope it's Indiana. Wisconsin and Iowa both have the potential to run all over us, and I'd hate to see that with blackshirt alternates. Maybe they could be an extra motivation to shut Wisky/Iowa down for once, but it would worry me. Also not sure about black alternates vs Iowa where black is one of their primary colors, but they're the visitors and have yellow pants so probably wouldn't matter.

2 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

3 home games left: Indiana, Wisconsin, and Iowa. Indiana and Wisconsin are also Adidas schools and Iowa is not, but I believe they've both used their alternates and don't have plans for more so I don't think it means much. Not a Wisconsin 2012 situation where Adidas wants to show off both uniforms.

I really hope it's Indiana. Wisconsin and Iowa both have the potential to run all over us, and I'd hate to see that with blackshirt alternates. Maybe they could be an extra motivation to shut Wisky/Iowa down for once, but it would worry me. Also not sure about black alternates vs Iowa where black is one of their primary colors, but they're the visitors and have yellow pants so probably wouldn't matter.

Wisconsin is now an UnderArmour school (switched a couple years ago).  I think it will be Indiana.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

Pretty sure Wisconsin is an under armour now.

Just now, Clink-beard said:

This is a huge game for our defense and if we shut down Minnesota I agree with you and that would be ideal at this point, but I think they will wear them against Wisconsin.

I'm sure it will never happen because it requires a waiver, but it would be fun to see Wisconsin wear their home unis as well - black vs red. I think the NCAA denied the waiver for UCLA/USC one year, and it just causes the visiting team to forfeit a timeout. Which is not great, so another reason it wouldn't happen. The UCLA coach wasted one of his to keep it even, which is pretty bizarre.

3 minutes ago, Clink-beard said:

This is a huge game for our defense and if we shut down Minnesota I agree with you and that would be ideal at this point, but I think they will wear them against Wisconsin.

I was thinking Wisconsin, just because their uniforms are so similar to Nebraska's, even when Wisconsin goes all-white.  Despite switching to UA, the Wisconsin-Nebraska game still looks like an intra-squad scrimmage.

• Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I was thinking Wisconsin, just because their uniforms are so similar to Nebraska's

If Nebraska doesn't wear there alternates for the Wisconsin game, maybe they go all-red uniforms?  Not a popular combo with some fans but I think it would be awesome to see.

• Plus1 1

14 minutes ago, Clink-beard said:

I feel a majority of coach's would do the same if they were in the same situation.  

Well in that case sure, I think they traditionally both played in home unis until the ncaa legislated it. But I dunno, if the visiting team wants to do it and the home team is indifferent I could see coaches just ignoring it. 

1 hour ago, Clink-beard said:

If Nebraska doesn't wear there alternates for the Wisconsin game, maybe they go all-red uniforms?  Not a popular combo with some fans but I think it would be awesome to see.

Would love to see all reds. The croots have tweeted photos of themselves wearing all red and I think they look sick. 

I think it’d also be kinda cool if they just randomly wore the pants with the stripes, or helmets with grey face masks from time to time. Just to mix it up. 

• Plus1 1