Alternate Uniforms 2019

2 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I’m a uniform traditionalist. I just don’t like two “dark” or “dominant” colors mixing in a uniforms. IMO, when using a dark/dominant color jersey, it should be paired with lighter color pants.  Red/black/blue jerseys should be paired with white or light gray pants.  The exception is to pair the same color pants with the jersey for the “one color” look. I have never liked when Texas Tech goes red/black or black/red. They look like high school or youth uniforms.

I'm actually pretty traditionalist myself, in that I'd just assume black jerseys don't get worn in the first place.

I guess I just hate anything that de-emphasizes red.... that's our color.... that said, I wouldn't be in favor of monochrome red either. I'm still traumatized from the last two minutes of that game 33 years after the fact.

• Plus1 1

23 minutes ago, CheeseHusker said:

I'm actually pretty traditionalist myself, in that I'd just assume black jerseys don't get worn in the first place.

I guess I just hate anything that de-emphasizes red.... that's our color.... that said, I wouldn't be in favor of monochrome red either. I'm still traumatized from the last two minutes of that game 33 years after the fact.

I like the all-red look. I wouldn’t let one game ruin the opinion of that look.

I think the all-whites look ok, but there is enough history to show that NU doesn’t play well in them. That’s why they are called the “surrender whites”. 

1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I think the all-whites look ok, but there is enough history to show that NU doesn’t play well in them. That’s why they are called the “surrender whites”. 

We don’t have a high enough volume to show that. As such, we need to wear all whites for half our games for the next 5 years :)  

12 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

We don’t have a high enough volume to show that. As such, we need to wear all whites for half our games for the next 5 years :)  

Near the end of Callahan's final losing season we wore all whites. During the Riley era we wore all whites quite a bit. The 2002 7-7 season our official uniforms were the ugly a$$ all white uniforms. I don't miss the all white uniforms one bit. Other than an alternate, I don't see Frost ever allowing his team to wear all white during a road game.

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I think all red would look slick like NFL's color rush. The Chiefs rock the all red look real well. I think Nebraska would look pretty cool with red jerseys, pants, socks, and shoes.

• Plus1 1
  • 2 weeks later...