Alternate Uniforms 2019

14 minutes ago, ndobney said:

I think we should make this a no sit Saturday!! Teams needs to see our support right now. Someone else was saying if we win we are 5-3 and still have a couple pretty winnable games on the schedule.  This is a must win if we want to get to a bowl. If worse case scenario happens it wont be from lack of support. Let's rock this place and show the recruits what Nebraska is about 

I'm kind of of the opposite opinion. Unwavering insane passionate fan support should not be a given; it should be earned. The fact that 90,000+ will still support you every single day no matter what might make it easier to not care that much if you win or lose. You're always safe and adored no matter what.

3 hours ago, Landlord said:

2007 Colorado - L 51-65

2014 Fresno - W 55-19

2014 Northwestern - W 38-17

2014 USC - L 42-45

2015 Miami  - L 33-36 OT

2015 Illinois - L 13-14

2015 Minnesota - W 48-25

2016 Northwestern - W 24-13

4-4 over the last 15 years with mostly dominant wins and really competitive losses (three of which were by two of the worst Nebraska teams in history). idk how that shows we don't play well in them. The times we've lost in them, we didn't play well those entire seasons in our normal uniforms either.

I guess 4-4 is good enough for you then.

1 hour ago, Landlord said:

I'm kind of of the opposite opinion. Unwavering insane passionate fan support should not be a given; it should be earned. The fact that 90,000+ will still support you every single day no matter what might make it easier to not care that much if you win or lose. You're always safe and adored no matter what.

I feel like I'm replying to you a lot today but i promise that's not intentional. 

I'd say 90,000+ fans supporting these athletes every Saturday is one of the things that sets NU apart. When other teams struggle, so does their attendance. That should be a huge recruiting sell. 

On the flip side, the players performance shouldn't be tied to how many fans show up. I highly doubt players take fan attendance into account when they decide how hard they're gonna play. 

Regarding the current situation, i think a fired up crowd that stays loud and positive even if the team is struggling could make a huge difference in the remaining home games this year. 

5 hours ago, ActualCornHusker said:

I've always been a fan of the all whites myself

Agree, they are sweet

3 hours ago, Landlord said:

Exactly...at a minimum start small, no discounts at retailers 

5 hours ago, Landlord said:

They are college kids... I hope everyone shows up, crowd noise impacts the game, and the team feeds off the crowd energy.

It seems pretty fickle to say that you won’t support them while they are struggling because of worrying they may feel coddled. 

• Plus1 1

8 hours ago, ActualCornHusker said:

I'd say 90,000+ fans supporting these athletes every Saturday is one of the things that sets NU apart.

It 100% is something that sets us apart. Being a blue blood who's been down and mediocre for going on 20 years is another thing that sets us apart. I'm not saying they're for sure related, but after seeing the same sorts of inexplicable weird plaguing problems stay with this program through administration and coaching and player changes over several years makes me not able to totally discount a possible connection ever.

8 hours ago, ActualCornHusker said:

On the flip side, the players performance shouldn't be tied to how many fans show up. I highly doubt players take fan attendance into account when they decide how hard they're gonna play. 

Two things. If it shouldn't be/isn't tied to fans showing out, then.... there's no real reason to have a passionate loud dedicated fanbase, right? They should play the same even if there's 30 people in the stands? Second thing, following that, whether or not it should or shouldn't be tied is irrelevant - it totally is. Basic human psychology makes that abundantly clear, but there's different levels of ways that can impact, and I'm not sure they're all 100% positive. 

5 hours ago, huskerguy said:

It seems pretty fickle to say that you won’t support them while they are struggling because of worrying they may feel coddled. 

I'm not saying that. I've pretty much only known mediocrity in my time as a devoted and attentive husker fan, and I still can't get enough. I'm not going anywhere. But what I am saying is that the reality might be true that they are coddled and that keeps being a poison pill for this program. I'm not saying anything strongly affirmative as far as what to do about it, but I've got a hunch as to one factor that contributes to it. 

• Haha 1