Alternate Uniforms 2019

On 10/21/2019 at 7:56 PM, runningblind said:

You need to take my place sir.  I am 0 for my last 5. Haven't seen them win since 2014.

Very 1st game I went to was with my Dad a week after Osborne finally got his first win over Switzer...We lost to Mizery.

While I was a student, I mainly took pictures of my cousin playing or sold my tickets for gas money.

Last game I watched in person was the 0-19 debacle here in Tempe when Frost was our QB  '96?..

I think I'm 0 for my last 5 also..That was one of the reasons I didn't go inside the stadium when we had that nail biter over Florida here back in '95...Just tailgated with my Siberian Husky and saw almost a dozen old classmates (Holdrege High)...Brought my sled dog so I wouldn't be so tempted to get tickets from a scalper and ruin our chances on the grass.

• Haha 2
3 hours ago, HUSKER 37 said:

Very 1st game I went to was with my Dad a week after Osborne finally got his first win over Switzer...We lost to Mizery.

While I was a student, I mainly took pictures of my cousin playing or sold my tickets for gas money.

Last game I watched in person was the 0-19 debacle here in Tempe when Frost was our QB  '96?..

I think I'm 0 for my last 5 also..That was one of the reasons I didn't go inside the stadium when we had that nail biter over Florida here back in '95...Just tailgated with my Siberian Husky and saw almost a dozen old classmates (Holdrege High)...Brought my sled dog so I wouldn't be so tempted to get tickets from a scalper and ruin our chances on the grass.

Now that's a different deal if you are 0-5 waching in person during that era. Definitely something to be superstitious about there.  Thank you for not going inside in 95. :cheers

My 0fer has come during a time Nebraska loses at the same rate as changing underwear it seems.

• Plus1 2

Those of you in the "Huskers don't need alternate uniforms" camp can count Bill Moos among your group.  Word is he's not overly excited about them and think the Huskers brand is iconic enough to not need alternates.

I'm kind of mixed on them.  I've been underwhelmed by what we've had so that doesn't help.  But I think the players/recruits like them enough that one game a year is fine.

46 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Those of you in the "Huskers don't need alternate uniforms" camp can count Bill Moos among your group.  Word is he's not overly excited about them and think the Huskers brand is iconic enough to not need alternates.

I'm kind of mixed on them.  I've been underwhelmed by what we've had so that doesn't help.  But I think the players/recruits like them enough that one game a year is fine.

I think there is definitely an age piece to people's feelings on this. I was born in the early 90s so I don't really remember Nebraska when it was on top of the world. I agree the uniforms are iconic and I wouldn't want to be like Oregon, but they aren't so iconic to me that I think we should avoid alternates.

I enjoy the alternates, even the bad ones, because it feels like Nebraska is keeping up with modern college football. If Nebraska was still in the upper echelon of college football and wanted to be "traditionalists" I think it'd be fine because we wouldn't need the recruiting advantage or media coverage these bring. We aren't there though so being traditional with our uniforms just reinforces the "Nebraska is stuck in the 90s" narrative that is already out there.

I think we pick an alternate uniform, this one preferably if I'm honest, and stick with it.  Use it once at home every 4 years against the same opponent.  Then the university could get behind the idea of a "Blackout" game and it would feel special, the seniors or Juniors would get that one off uni and it could become a tradition.

2 hours ago, Mavric said:

I don't mind the idea of alternative uniforms, but like you said, they have been really underwhelming. I think people make too big of a deal over them. The players and recruits like them, and it's once a year. 

Personally, I don't really care what the Huskers are wearing. I just want them to play well. I'm tired of seeing crappy football. 

• Plus1 1
11 hours ago, runningblind said:

Now that's a different deal if you are 0-5 waching in person during that era. Definitely something to be superstitious about there.  Thank you for not going inside in 95. :cheers

My 0fer has come during a time Nebraska loses at the same rate as changing underwear it seems.

I’ve always thought of myself as a bit of a good luck charm. NU won the first 22 games I went to (26 if you count spring games!). Those games included the Alex Henery game-winner against Colorado, the Kansas State blowout in 2017 that was an incredible anomaly for the season, the Denard Robinson injury/Russell Bellomy charity game, Montee Ball “fumbles” for the first time in forever (our only win vs. Wisconsin in the B1G), the Westerkatch vs. Northwestern (while sporting a ‘stache), and Nebraska’s only undefeated in Lincoln season since Lincoln was in office. Also, Corey Cooper inexplicably walked up to me from behind and gave me a shoulder rub before a game, then nabbed his first career interception later that day.

Then I went to four games in 2013 with a girl whose four year tenure at UNL coincided with the Calliban era. Turns out her jujoo overpowered my good luck, because we lost all four.

After that brief stint, NU started winning again when I wasn’t with her. Instances including the OT win vs. Iowa in Pelini’s last game, the Miami 2014 win (best game day environment I’ve ever experienced), and Kenny Bell running into me on the sideline, then scoring a 69-yard touchdown on his next play.

I’ve only been to one game since 2014, and that was our loss to Iowa in 2015. I sat in the press box for that one, which obviously means my good luck is only airborne and cannot travel through glass.

My overall attendance record: 29-5

I think the University should just give tickets to @WyoHusker56 and me for the foreseeable future.

EDIT: The Huskerboard members game list tells me my memory sucks. No surprise there.

1 hour ago, broganreynik said:

I’ve always thought of myself as a bit of a good luck charm. NU won the first 22 games I went to (26 if you count spring games!). Those games included the Alex Henery game-winner against Colorado, the Kansas State blowout in 2017 that was an incredible anomaly for the season, the Denard Robinson injury/Russell Bellomy charity game, Montee Ball “fumbles” for the first time in forever (our only win vs. Wisconsin in the B1G), the Westerkatch vs. Northwestern (while sporting a ‘stache), and Nebraska’s only undefeated in Lincoln season since Lincoln was in office. Also, Corey Cooper inexplicably walked up to me from behind and gave me a shoulder rub before a game, then nabbed his first career interception later that day.

Then I went to four games in 2013 with a girl whose four year tenure at UNL coincided with the Calliban era. Turns out her jujoo overpowered my good luck, because we lost all four.

After that brief stint, NU started winning again when I wasn’t with her. Instances including the OT win vs. Iowa in Pelini’s last game, the Miami 2014 win (best game day environment I’ve ever experienced), and Kenny Bell running into me on the sideline, then scoring a 69-yard touchdown on his next play.

I’ve only been to one game since 2014, and that was our loss to Iowa in 2015. I sat in the press box for that one, which obviously means my good luck is only airborne and cannot travel through glass.

My overall attendance record: 29-5

I think the University should just give tickets to @WyoHusker56 and me for the foreseeable future.

I am in 100% support of this!

We used to come every other year for the Black Friday game against CU. My grandparents had season tickets for years and were huge fans. I can't remember if my first game was 2002 or 2004, but we lost the first 1 or 2 I attended. Then we won in 2006, 2008 (57 yarder, best game ever!), and 2010 and I attended Wisconsin in 2012 when we beat them. So, I guess I am either 4-1 or 4-2 with a 4 game win streak!