Alternate Uniforms 2019

18 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Just bring these back: 

new-adidas-black-football-uniforms-nebra

No. Turrrible, turrible, turrible. 

If we're going black, we better do it right. Every single alternate that Adidas has done (save the 97's) has been way too busy. Just give me something simplistic and clean. 

I'd kill for a matte black helmet, matte black face mask and a blackshirt logo on the helmet. I think our script "Huskers" would be an excellent twist on the helmets too. 

I just hope they do it right this year. 

2 minutes ago, The Maudfather said:

No. Turrrible, turrible, turrible. 

If we're going black, we better do it right. Every single alternate that Adidas has done (save the 97's) has been way too busy. Just give me something simplistic and clean. 

I'd kill for a matte black helmet, matte black face mask and a blackshirt logo on the helmet. I think our script "Huskers" would be an excellent twist on the helmets too. 

I just hope they do it right this year. 

That's busier than the aforementioned picture, which is a basic palate swap between red and black. 

Also, the original throwbacks were simply a font change and numbers on the helmet. 

• Plus1 2

Just now, The Maudfather said:

The palate swap was a big part of the problem. Especially when they added the unnecessary gray accent to the gaudy tire tread and goofy numbers. 

But it's a simpler look than what you are suggesting, which stems from the idea that every alt we've had has been too "busy". If we're going to go crazy with an alternate uniform, let's do it, but let's do it in good faith (and just go full-bore into the Runza uniforms). 

• Plus1 1
25 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

But it's a simpler look than what you are suggesting, which stems from the idea that every alt we've had has been too "busy". If we're going to go crazy with an alternate uniform, let's do it, but let's do it in good faith (and just go full-bore into the Runza uniforms). 

Cdog, you and I have officially hit peak offseason. 

• Haha 1
59 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

Black or GTFO

All whites have always looked terrible

giphy.gif

44 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

It's just too much of a non-color:

image.png.a59202e42198830200fd2396d7388a44.png

Jersey/pants/helmet the same color can work, but it has to be a color IMO.

Also wrong. They look great. Any school with a minimal color accent all white look looks great imo. The stormtrooper look is a good one.

• Plus1 2

While I think the all-whites look good, I have never really been a fan of them.  To me, they are just bad luck.  NU wore them against Ga Tech in the '91 Citrus Bowl and got smoked.  Then NU switched to all-white roadies in '91, and proceeded to get smoked by Washington and had an embarrassing lost to Iowa State.  The all-whites went into moth balls for the long time after that (other than the 2002 season with the red gusset look down the side of the uni).  I think Billy C broke them back out in his last game at NU at Colorado.

I know it's just a uniform, but NU has such great looks with their classic home and road uni's.  If anything, an all-red look at home wouldn't be bad.

• Plus1 1