Concert Thread

If there's already a thread on concerts and concert experiences, my apologies; mods please merge. 

https://www.omaha.com/go/music/incubus-is-coming-to-omaha-for-the-first-time-in/article_8b1789c9-9faa-5af3-b92f-ecdda50a2a9e.html

I was a big Incubus fan in high school; saw them in 2012 at River Riot and they were great. I'm going to try and get to this one, if the kids will let me out for a night. 

• Plus1 2

On 6/25/2019 at 8:14 PM, sho said:

I'm about to relive my youth too...got me some GnR tickets for Lincoln this fall.   To say I'm looking forward to it is an understatement.

I saw GnR 2 summers ago in Denver. I thought it was a great show. Yeah, Axl can’t belt them out like he could 30 years ago, but Slash can still play a mean guitar. My wife wants to see them again, and thought about the Lincoln show. It just stunk that it was a Tuesday night show, 7 hours from home. 

Just saw the stones at soldier field.  Like Paul McCartney if only I had that much energy at that age like Mick Jagger somehow does.  After heart surgery no less.  Taking the wife to Willie Nelson tomorrow night.  Definitely bucket list for me.  Phish all 3 nights in a few weeks.

36 minutes ago, GSG said:

Going to Detroit in September to see Judah and The Lion at the Fillmore. I love old venues like this

10.jpg

Agreed. I'm not particularly a fan of country music anymore, but I'd go to a show at the Grand Ole Opry in a heartbeat. 

Concerts that the Mrs and I will be hitting up

July 18 at Hard Rock in Sioux City- In This Moment with KILLSWITCH ENGAGE

The next night same venue-Dope, Devildriver and STATIC X

August is SLIPKNOT at PBA

And in October Megafest at Westfair with Clutch, HATEBREED and Dropkick Murphys

Ths Dropkick Murphys are a bucket list band for me.  Will be like the 10th time I’ve seen HATEBREED.  Interesting addition to that line up which is much mellower than them

The Static X show is the 20th Anniversary tour for the Wisconsin Deathtrip release with the original line up sans Wayne of course.  Stuff I’ve seen online has the music sounding great but can’t tell much of whomever is filling in for Wayne.  Still geeked though.

Slipknot of course is not much like their younger crazy self.  With the changes of guys, death of Paul, and age it will be interesting but they still bring it. Remember seeing them at Knickerbockers right before they blew up.  Pure insanity