Concert Thread

On 6/29/2019 at 9:07 PM, PaulCrewe said:

Concerts that the Mrs and I will be hitting up

July 18 at Hard Rock in Sioux City- In This Moment with KILLSWITCH ENGAGE

The next night same venue-Dope, Devildriver and STATIC X

August is SLIPKNOT at PBA

And in October Megafest at Westfair with Clutch, HATEBREED and Dropkick Murphys

Ths Dropkick Murphys are a bucket list band for me.  Will be like the 10th time I’ve seen HATEBREED.  Interesting addition to that line up which is much mellower than them

The Static X show is the 20th Anniversary tour for the Wisconsin Deathtrip release with the original line up sans Wayne of course.  Stuff I’ve seen online has the music sounding great but can’t tell much of whomever is filling in for Wayne.  Still geeked though.

Slipknot of course is not much like their younger crazy self.  With the changes of guys, death of Paul, and age it will be interesting but they still bring it. Remember seeing them at Knickerbockers right before they blew up.  Pure insanity

Slipknot played at Knickerbockers? Wasn't that the bar in Lincoln that closed down a few years ago? If so, that's awesome!

Love stories like that. Kind of reminds me of how I was at a bar across the street from Wrigley Field a few years ago (The Cubby Bear) and read a signed photo on one of the support beams. It said something along the lines of 'Thanks for letting us play our first show ever here. - Dave Grohl.'

Also, solid band lineup. I used to listen to a lot of those bands in the early-to-mid 2000's, especially Killswitch and Static X.

12 hours ago, Enhance said:

Slipknot played at Knickerbockers? Wasn't that the bar in Lincoln that closed down a few years ago? If so, that's awesome!

Love stories like that. Kind of reminds me of how I was at a bar across the street from Wrigley Field a few years ago (The Cubby Bear) and read a signed photo on one of the support beams. It said something along the lines of 'Thanks for letting us play our first show ever here. - Dave Grohl.'

Also, solid band lineup. I used to listen to a lot of those bands in the early-to-mid 2000's, especially Killswitch and Static X.

Oh yeah it was a beautiful s#!tshow.  It was crazy with all 9 of them in that tiny a$$ stage area.  They were bouncing off of everything and beat the crap out of each other.  It was right before their self titled debut came out and a month or two before Ozzfest introduced them to the world.

Knickerbockers got some really solid bands through there.  Favorite performances I’ve seen there include Fear Factory, Green Jelly, Mushroomhead, and  Psychostick

Slipknot is a band that is probably way more fun live!  I really like some of their stuff.

Phish?  That f#&%ing band is still around?  Has the Grateful Dead not sued them off this planet yet?

Small shows, I usually hate...because the drums ruin the show.

My top 3 shows...

Kiss (anytime I have seen them)

Pink Floyd (Soldier Field)

Rush (Anytime I have seen them)