2022 G Gradey Dick [Kansas Commit]

https://247sports.com/college/basketball/recruiting/Article/Gradey-Dick-2022-Wing-Tennessee-Colorado-Tulane-132309092/

Sophomore Gradey Dick was one of four new players at the USA Basketball u16 trials, which were held in Florida at the University School this past week.

“It’s crazy,” Dick said of experience. “These are some of the top thirty kids in the nation, so, just to be present in this room with them is a blessing, I’m very thankful.”

Dick, a 6-foot-6 wing prospect out of Wichita (Kans.) Collegiate School, had a solid showing, especially considering it was his first time in this setting.

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/university-of-kansas/article231887808.html

Last week, after receiving the offer from Wichita State, he told the Wichita Eagle: “I’m extremely happy because it is my hometown team. I actually got to meet Coach (Gregg) Marshall and all of the assistant coaches got to see me play. I got a lot of 1-on-1 time with them. I was kind of surprised they offered. This is my first one, so this is all pretty new to me. I’m really happy, though.”

Dick led Wichita Collegiate in scoring last season as a freshman. He scored 31 points in a sub-state championship game loss to Kingman.

He spoke to the Eagle last week about his game.

“When I first started playing basketball, all I wanted to be was a shooter,” Dick told the Eagle. “The past couple of years, I’ve started to upgrade my jumping ability and now I can finish above the rim, which has been a big advantage to my game. I’m kind of an all-around player now, I feel like. I can still shoot it, but now I can pump fake and put it on the ground and finish above the rim.”

• Plus1 1

https://www.omaha.com/neprepzone/recruiting/plus/wichita-sophomore-gradey-dick-offered-by-huskers-is-fan-of/article_ae1cfaaa-1199-5cd3-8f3f-f322944f2b67.html

Carmen Jaspers was a basketball star at Ackley-Geneva High, about an hour’s drive from Ames, Iowa.

She went on to a productive career at Iowa State, landing on the Cyclones’ career blocked shots chart. She ended up as a professional player in Japan.

Somewhere along the way, she also learned to be a Fred Hoiberg fan.

After her playing career, she settled in Wichita, Kansas, where she married a former small-college athlete named Bart Dick.

In 2003, they had a son named Gradey, who is now a 6-foot-5 burgeoning basketball star.

Could Gradey’s and Hoiberg’s paths cross? It’s possible. Nebraska offered Gradey a scholarship on Saturday, his second Division I scholarship offer.

“My mom played at Iowa State, and we were big fans of Coach Hoiberg when he was there,” Gradey Dick said. “We had been following Iowa State with Coach Hoiberg coaching there, and for him to go to Nebraska and for me to get offered by them would be a great situation to possibly play for him, and learning from him would be big for my game.”

• Plus1 2
  • 3 weeks later...

DICK IS BECOMING A MAJOR TARGET FOR GOOD REASON

With a strong showing back in April, a performance at USA Basketball's U16 tryouts in late May that established him as a high major prospect and then a big performance during June, 6-foot-5 shooting guard 

Gradey Dick of KC Run GMC's 15U team has emerged as one of the top 2022 guards that I've seen.

I didn't think anything different when I watched him put on a show during an early afternoon game against a talented Houston Defenders team. Dick has terrific size, can handle the ball with flair and shoot from deep. He also does it all with confidence and has the type of game that could make him a favorite of the mixtape crowd. More importantly, he's a favorite of the college coaching crowd. He had Iowa State's Steve Prohm (Dick's mother played for the Cyclones in college) and an Oklahoma State assistant on hand while I dropped by. Prohm and the Clones have offered and so have Creighton, Kansas, Nebraska, Oklahoma and Wichita State.

He's going to merit serious consideration for our first edition of national rankings for the rising sophomore class.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/uaa-finals-saturday-what-we-learned

• Plus1 2
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

• 4 weeks later...

https://stockrisers.com/2020/05/19/top-35-sophomore-gradey-d!(k-talks-recruitment-thoughts-on-the-g-league/

Although coaches can’t call him, d!(k is able to call them. With that, he’s been able to speak with head coaches from Kansas, Kansas State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Baylor, Nebraska, Purdue, Wichita State, Iowa State, Wake Forest, and Maryland.

He’s also been able to have virtual meetings set-up with staffs from Kansas, Oklahoma State, Baylor, North Carolina, Purdue, and Nebraska.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

https://stockrisers.com/s/152/top--50-junior-gradey-d!(k-goes-in-depth-on-his-recruitment

How’s the recruitment going, any handful of schools you’re thinking about?: “Haven’t really thought about who’s in the mix yet, just that I’m working on my top 10. I am talking with my family and starting the process of deciding which ten programs will be on my list.”

Who’s still involved in your recruitment?: “Mainly all of the schools that offered me. That list has Kansas, Baylor, K-State, Wichita State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Northwestern, Florida, Alabama, Texas A&M, Creighton, Nebraska, Colorado, Purdue, Illinois, Xavier, Texas Tech, and Iowa State on it.”

• Plus1 1
  • seaofred92 changed the title to 2022 G Gradey d!(k [Kansas Commit]
  • Mavric changed the title to 2022 G Gradey Dick [Kansas Commit]