Democratic Debates

4 minutes ago, Waldo said:

I might try to hit Canada up and get back to you... I do need a little dental work. But no, we wouldn’t get covered more than likely. 

It irks me when people compare our medical situation with counties that have 1/10 the population. While their system may work, you can’t compare it. 

Bernie stands out in this group though 

Our medical situation isn't good. Everyone should agree that it needs a lot of work. So where would you look when deciding what to do about it? If there isn't a country comparable to the U.S. in terms of size and land mass, you don't just shrug your shoulders and say "I guess we can't do anything." You look at what's working in other places, even if they're not in the exact same situations.

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

I agree

No you don't.

1 minute ago, Moiraine said:

Our medical situation isn't good. Everyone should agree that it needs a lot of work. So where would you look when deciding what to do about it? If there isn't a country comparable to the U.S. in terms of size and land mass, you don't just shrug your shoulders and say "I guess we can't do anything." You look at what's working in other places, even if they're not in the exact same situations.

Simple...medical school should not cost what it does and residency should be changed...with that said they should also make residency part of "free" healthcare for people that are not insured or that are underinsured.  

Just now, teachercd said:

Simple...medical school should not cost what it does and residency should be changed...with that said they should also make residency part of "free" healthcare for people that are not insured or that are underinsured.  

No, it's not simple. There are a hell of a lot more problems than the cost of medical school/doctors.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

No, it's not simple. There are a hell of a lot more problems than the cost of medical school/doctors.

The best ideas in the world...are simple...and the journey of a thousand miles...starts with a step.  Right?

Also, no more any drug that is created by a company is fair game to be copied and created at a generic rate, no legal issues at all.

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

The best ideas in the world...are simple...and the journey of a thousand miles...starts with a step.  Right?

You stated it like it was a solution to the problem. It's a possible solution to one small part of the problem, but doing that and not going to universal healthcare would mean our healthcare still has a crapton of issues.

3 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

You stated it like it was a solution to the problem. It's a possible solution to one small part of the problem, but doing that and not going to universal healthcare would mean our healthcare still has a crapton of issues.

You have to start small.  We both agree on that.

The worst thing you can do is have a plan that doesn't have steps...

14 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

No you don't.

I would look at countries that were closer in size and population if I were to compare. But I agree that change needs to be made. Our current situation and Obamacare were not the answers. Maybe one of these candidates have it.

9 minutes ago, Waldo said:

I would look at countries that were closer in size and population if I were to compare. But I agree that change needs to be made. Our current situation and Obamacare were not the answers. Maybe one of these candidates have it.

Doctors collude...why wouldn't they?  I would!  Been to a dentist?  Ever seen a menu that shows you their prices?  Of course not...it is collusion and it is brilliant on their part.

Med/dental school needs to be cheap...if you get accepted and pass...it almost needs to be free so that when you get out you can start your own practice and charge 25 dollars for a visit and you are good to go.  It can't start at "the top" it needs to start at the bottom.

• Fire 1
2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Doctors collude...why wouldn't they?  I would!  Been to a dentist?  Ever seen a menu that shows you their prices?  Of course not...it is collusion and it is brilliant on their part.

Med/dental school needs to be cheap...if you get accepted and pass...it almost needs to be free so that when you get out you can start your own practice and charge 25 dollars for a visit and you are good to go.  It can't start at "the top" it needs to start at the bottom.

Better response than any candidate tonight. You could have been #11 tonight 

4 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Better response than any candidate tonight. You could have been #11 tonight 

1.  I would have wanted to be next to that one hot lady

2.  I would wear my swim trunks and tank top 

3.  I would have a drink in my hand.

We are capitalist (thank god) but not in the medical field...it makes no sense.  

3 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

Kamala Harris is tonights winner IMO. 

Yang needed to talk more. 

Yang looked like the younger brother watching his older bro and friends drink beer, deciding if he should join or go tell mom and dad. 

I wasn’t impressed with any of the middle 5 candidates. Not sure of the winner, but Biden was the loser. 

• Plus1 1

It's been quite awhile since I've been this disappointed. As most of you know I'm fairly fiscally conservative and socially moderate to liberal. I used to be Republican and cannot stand Trump or what that party has morphed into. I was actually pretty excited to embrace a dem candidate this cycle.  God I hope another candidate emerges. 2 nights and the only ones that seemingly stand a chance with me are Booker last night and Buttegeig tonight. If Biden, Sanders and Warren are the front runners let me be the first to welcome ya'll to 4 more years of dipsh#t. OMG we deserve better politicians.

Maybe I'm weird but my number one issue is healthcare. Yes, climate change and guns need to be addressed but when asked what their number one issue would be most of them couldn't give the requested simple one or two word response and those that did, not one said healthcare. In fact the best answer I heard was Buttegeig and he said "fix our democracy". I know climate change is a huge looming problem but the Dems better figure out real quick that issue will not win them the White House. If they want to once again be the party of the average working American then they better get their heads out of the clouds and start addressing people's current everyday issues.

• Plus1 1