Democratic Debates

This type of debate format just doesn't work with this many participants. I guess they have to start somewhere but I look forward to the field being cut by about 75%. Unfortunately, if our recent past is any indication, those who make it that far will just move further to the extremes and the choices will get worse instead of better.

• Fire 1
3 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

This type of debate format just doesn't work with this many participants. I guess they have to start somewhere but I look forward to the field being cut by about 75%. Unfortunately, if our recent past is any indication, those who make it that far will just move further to the extremes and the choices will get worse instead of better.

I agree.

29 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

That’s how trump ended up the nominee. He just stood there calling people childish names and nobody had the chance to talk issues. 

4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

That’s how trump ended up the nominee. He just stood there calling people childish names and nobody had the chance to talk issues. 

And because he was the big name. People had heard of him.

I think Biden will win the nomination for the same reason. Maybe 70% of the Democrat voters prefer anyone over Biden but they can't agree on #1 so a bunch of candidates win 10% of the vote and the 30% who prefer Biden win out.

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

Delaney is the best on stage tonight by far.

Beto is done, made a stupid move.

NY Gov has done a great job standing up for what he believes and for his party.

I watched majority of the debate.  I agree Beto did a poor job.  I think Castro got the better of him a few times.    I think Ryan is now done as well.   His exchange with Gabbard about worldwide engagement ended his chances, IMO.   He lost the crowd with his 9/11 comment and the Taliban.  I thought the debate was a disservice to Delaney, I would have loved to hear his opinions and policies more, but he wasn't given enough time.   Overall, I think the Warren and Booker held ground, Castro became more known, Gabbard showed she belongs and Beto and Ryan shot themselves in the foot.   Delaney needed more time.   I was a bit disappointed in Klobuchar and some of her answers and think she took a step back.   I think Inslee is running to set himself up for a cabinet position but should be bowing out of the race shortly.   He was fine, he just isn't presidential material.   Let him spearhead the EPA and I think he will do an amazing job.   As for De Blasio, I left feeling neutral about him.   I agree, when given the chance, he did a good job of standing up for what he wants, I just felt blah about him.  He didn't wow me, he didn't intrigue me, he just was there.   For me, the winners of the night were Delaney and Castro with Warren and Booker doing enough to not hurt their respective campaigns.   Losers were Beto and Ryan.  Klobuchar took a step back and Gabbard took a step forward.

6 hours ago, sho said:

Klobuchar took a step back and Gabbard took a step forward.

I only saw the second hour and don’t know what I missed with the earlier questions, but I kind of feel the opposite. I thought Klobuchar did fairly well, but Gabbard didn’t seem ready for prime time.

I didn’t really think anyone made a particular splash, but you can also tel there were a handful there who just don’t come across as heavy hitters or presidential material. Of what I saw, I think Warren, Booker, and Castro gave the best performances.

7 hours ago, Frott Scost said:

Delaney lost me when he said hed work with Mitch McConnell. Nope, no deal. Fight that POS with every fiber of your being. 

Isn't that how we got into this mess in the first place?

• Plus1 2