UConn Leaves American Athletic Conference For Big East

it is done. only two options i have seen are independent or dropping down. and the curse of lew perkins continues. none of the schools he has been an ad at have decent football programs after he has left. they make a decent showing for a few years but end up right back towards the bottom.

when does this move take effect? AAC requires a 27 month notification that a school intends to leave. didnt see the repercussions if they didnt give that much time.

Edited by desertshox
added the question i wanted to ask
1 hour ago, desertshox said:

it is done. only two options i have seen are independent or dropping down. and the curse of lew perkins continues. none of the schools he has been an ad at have decent football programs after he has left. they make a decent showing for a few years but end up right back towards the bottom.

when does this move take effect? AAC requires a 27 month notification that a school intends to leave. didnt see the repercussions if they didnt give that much time.

They’ll negotiate it so they can move to the Big East for 2020-21

I actually think football will do fairly well as an independent. SNY will buy the rights to their home games for $2-3mm or so and they’ll play 3-4 buy games a year. Way better financially than the alternative (FCS)