Would you like to see Texas & OU in the B1G West?

I think it would be great.  Although I've heard some talk of a four-pod system, whatever that is.  

Anyway, would you like to have your old rivalry with OU every black Friday?  As a kid growing up in Ohio, I always looked forward to those matchups.  Every day after Thanksgiving it was time to get around the TV and what you boys slug it out for the Big-8 title.  Ah, the good old days!  

I'm inclined to believe that getting both OU and Texas into the B1G would help your recruiting efforts.  

Your thoughts?

11 minutes ago, K9Buck said:

I think it would be great.  Although I've heard some talk of a four-pod system, whatever that is.  

Anyway, would you like to have your old rivalry with OU every black Friday?  As a kid growing up in Ohio, I always looked forward to those matchups.  Every day after Thanksgiving it was time to get around the TV and what you boys slug it out for the Big-8 title.  Ah, the good old days!  

I'm inclined to believe that getting both OU and Texas into the B1G would help your recruiting efforts.  

Your thoughts?

I would have no issue with OU joining the conference,  it would be sweet to play them regularly again.  But Texas ?, absolutely not,   I've said this in another thread,  they are an INVASIVE SPECIES,  keep them out of our pond.  

• Plus1 5

The overwhelming answer you'll get from Nebraska fans regarding Texas is 'f#&% no'. Not in a million years with a million foot pole. 

We have a very special disdain for them. I'd say it's 75% justified and proper and 25% butthurt animosity for getting bullied and dominated so badly, but they're a cancerous tumor that invades it's host (conference), spreads, takes over, and destroys.

• Plus1 6
5 minutes ago, Landlord said:

The overwhelming answer you'll get from Nebraska fans regarding Texas is 'f#&% no'. Not in a million years with a million foot pole. 

We have a very special disdain for them. I'd say it's 75% justified and proper and 25% butthurt animosity for getting bullied and dominated so badly, but they're a cancerous tumor that invades it's host (conference), spreads, takes over, and destroys.

Ha ha.  Thanks.  I know many OU fans who feel the same way.  They would love to get out of the Big12 but it seems about half would like to go to the SEC and the other half to the B1G.  The above poster is probably correct, it would be OU and Kansas.  

7 minutes ago, Landlord said:

I think it's more 85/15. I wouldn't mind playing them again because I think we'd win some.

OU, yes

texass, no. 

OU mattered to us for so long, would be great to matter again. 

texass mattered only because they had to. we lost some heartbreakers, but won some decent ones too. But overall what it means to be in a conference with them?? NO THANKS 

I’d take OU and Okie St or KU/KSU before texass any day. Needy high maintenance bitches. 

It amazes me that Husker fans LOVE the Big Ten money and act like the prestige and cash of the conference are the reasons that they like it over the Big 12 (Lord knows we hate the travel) but then when offered the idea of Texas joining...which would only make the conference prestigier (I just made that up) and richer...they get all crazy mad.

7 hours ago, K9Buck said:

Ha ha.  Thanks.  I know many OU fans who feel the same way.  They would love to get out of the Big12 but it seems about half would like to go to the SEC and the other half to the B1G.  The above poster is probably correct, it would be OU and Kansas.  

Well, then OU shouldn’t have hitched its wagon to Texas and then became their pet puppy. 

OU only has their own AD to blame for that. 

OU and Kansas would be ok. 

• Plus1 2

I'd love to somewhat regularly play Texas. 0% of my current disdain for them has to do with our lack of success against them in the Big XII. But we all know what they're like as a conference member. They ruined the Southwest and Big XII. I am convinced their greed, arrogance and sense of entitlement and self importance would assure history repeating itself. Or the shorter answer.....F#ck Texass.

Oklahoma and Kansas would be great to have.

• Plus1 1
8 hours ago, Landlord said:

they're a cancerous tumor that invades it's host (conference), spreads, takes over, and destroys.

This is the best description I've seen yet. In fact this gives me an idea. From now on whenever I play Plague I will be naming my bacteria or virus or parasite Texas or some variation thereof.

• Plus1 1
Just now, JJ Husker said:

This is the best description I've seen yet. In fact this gives me an idea. From now on whenever I play Plague I will be naming my bacteria or virus or parasite Texas or some variation thereof.

It has to start in Texas, too. :bounce