Would you like to see Texas & OU in the B1G West?

17 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yeah....but that doesn't mean I need to think it's some huge deal.

Relax, didn’t say it meant anything. And I was responding to @TheMeanFarmer ‘s post. Are you also TheMeanFarmer?

Personally I’m happy anytime we play a decent team that is different and better than the lower half of whatever conference we’re in.

Now that we’re in the B1G, Oklahoma > Illinois or Rutgers etc.

When we were in the Big XII, Michigan or tOSU or Penn St > Iowa State or Kansas or KSU etc.

I guess I like college football :dunno

• Plus1 2

Just now, JJ Husker said:

Relax, didn’t say it meant anything. And I was responding to @TheMeanFarmer ‘s post. Are you also TheMeanFarmer?

Personally I’m happy anytime we play a decent team that is different and better than the lower half of whatever conference we’re in.

Now that we’re in the B1G, Oklahoma > Illinois or Rutgers etc.

When we were in the Big XII, Michigan or tOSU or Penn St > Iowa State or Kansas or KSU etc.

I guess I like college football :dunno

Dude, it's a Friday morning and I'm chill'n.  :smokin

It's a message board and it's pretty common for various people to respond to a comment even though that comment wasn't directed at them personally.  I simply indicated that I (no, I'm not TheMeanFarmer) I have never thought that series was a big deal.

I like college football too.....and beer, pizza and puppies.

54 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Dude, it's a Friday morning and I'm chill'n.  :smokin

It's a message board and it's pretty common for various people to respond to a comment even though that comment wasn't directed at them personally.  I simply indicated that I (no, I'm not TheMeanFarmer) I have never thought that series was a big deal.

I like college football too.....and beer, pizza and puppies.

It's all good :thumbs

Sorry but it originally rubbed me the wrong way. I was trying to be funny with the gif and somebody jumped into it all serious.

I mean I don't have some burning desire to have OU or any former conference member join the B1G but I also sure wouldn't mind it either. The more quality games we can schedule is better for us and for the fan experience imo. I would go out of my way to attend an OU or Texas game. Not so much with some of the B1G teams.

I was a member of a message board back about 15 years ago which was run by a Michigan State student. Lots of people on there met each other and became RL friends. (I’m not one of them).

Anyhow, he knew this and wanted to quit having the website and everyone begged him to pass the website on to someone else to run. Instead of doing that he deleted the site but kept the URL (which is still unused today) and people created a new website to try to replace it but it hasn’t been the same since.

How is this relevant, you might ask (just kidding, no one’s actually read this far). Well, about the time he became an a$$h@!e, he had become a professor at Texas. Everyone becomes an a$$h@!e as soon as they’re associated with Texas.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

I am TheMeanFarmer.

And I have no desire to play Colorado, Iowa St., Kansas State, Missouri, Texas, Oklahoma, OSU, or Texas ever again.   

I fully realize the upcoming schedule.  Doesn't mean I have any nostalgia about old times.  

Interesting this came up today.  The clowns on 590 AM in Omaha were talking today about how happy Husker fans would be to sacrifice the $15+ Million a year to go back to the Big XII, because if would feel more like home.     What stupidity.

• Thanks 3

A lot of OU fans I've talked with have said they would like the Big Ten better than the SEC. The Big 12 conference breakup is only a matter of time and I would love having one or two Blue bloods from days of old joining the B1G west.

Texas can join the SEC for all I care. Eating humble pie has been long overdue for that parasitic school and its fanbase.

38 minutes ago, TheMeanFarmer said:

I fully realize the upcoming schedule.  Doesn't mean I have any nostalgia about old times.  

Interesting this came up today.  The clowns on 590 AM in Omaha were talking today about how happy Husker fans would be to sacrifice the $15+ Million a year to go back to the Big XII, because if would feel more like home.     What stupidity.

I agree with this. I too find it annoying when fans or radio clowns talk about how great it would be to go back to the Big XII. I don’t really have any nostalgia for those teams either (maybe just a little bit for OU). But I’m also not opposed to making the B1G a better conference or to playing some of those teams occasionally. And yeah, if I had heard the same radio discussion as you did today, I would likely be more opposed to it simply because of timing and context.

5 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I agree with this. I too find it annoying when fans or radio clowns talk about how great it would be to go back to the Big XII. I don’t really have any nostalgia for those teams either (maybe just a little bit for OU). But I’m also not opposed to making the B1G a better conference or to playing some of those teams occasionally. And yeah, if I had heard the same radio discussion as you did today, I would likely be more opposed to it simply because of timing and context.

Not to mention losing 15 - 20 million dollars of revenue EVERY YEAR!!!!  

• Fire 1

IMHO: Nebraska leaving the Big 12 for the Big Ten remains one of the biggest "up yours" in the history of sports. Frankly, I'm impressed the Big 12 has survived as well as it has, but it will remain a monetarily poorer conference overall and will always be dominated by Texas and/or OU. I'd love to see Nebraska vs OU again (out of nostalgia) but the only time I want to see Texas is in a Bowl Game where I would hope we kick their hiney all the way back to Austin.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
3 hours ago, TheMeanFarmer said:

I am TheMeanFarmer.

And I have no desire to play Colorado, Iowa St., Kansas State, Missouri, Texas, Oklahoma, OSU, or Texas ever again.   

you sound old.