Would you like to see Texas & OU in the B1G West?

On 7/4/2019 at 9:54 PM, skersfan said:

I really don't care one way or another, but Texas coming to the Big 10 would help recruiting for Nebraska.  Two historic programs in our area would draw tremendous attention to the West, possibly putting it in the same thought as the SEC West.  Personally I would much rather see Nebraska play Texas or Oklahoma than Ball State or Troy.  

I feel the Big 10 is lead well enough, no one is going to take advantage of them.

I don't like Texas but adding them would help Nebraska(And the B1G) recruiting Texas. Feel if I had to choose I'd pick Texas for that, but I'd think both would come if anything happened. Taking only OU wouldn't help anyone at all recruiting-wise in Texas, but they'd still have a massive advantage there due to their location whereas everyone else wouldn't.

• Fire 1

I think this would work if the big 12 dissolved and we were left with 4 16 team leagues. Then the playoff could be left with the 4 league champs plus 4 at large teams. In that scenario everyone would be trying to get the best teams in the big 12 and UT and OK would be desirable. Would make the west much more difficult to win though.

Texas and Kansas for me.  I know that's not a popular take.  Texas is a ten gallon hat of egos but they add recruiting territory to a conference that needs it.  Plus Texas is the alpha dog in the state, no matter what Auburn....er Texas A&M does.   I'd rather have Kansas than Oklahoma because of day game possibilites and it shouldn't add much more difficulty to the division in a football sense, Coach Hoiberg would probably have a different take.  I could probably be convinced to sub out KU for OU if enough people wanted that but UT should be the most desired.  Also, Austin is a good city to visit  and make a weekend out of it.  The NU vs. OU rivalry is dead and buried so the Sooners don't matter as much to me anymore other than a little nostalgia.  If it didn't work out and they still needed a team I'd put a feeler out to Mizzou.  I think they would jump to the Big Ten in an instant because of the cultural fit and academic profile.

• 1 year later...
5 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Well would you look at this... Yet another "clock error" that just so happens to be in ole Texas' favor. So glad we are done with this crap show, and for the love of GOD never ever allow these bungholes into the BIG 

https://sports.yahoo.com/big-12-admits-officials-incorrectly-added-39-seconds-to-clock-in-fourth-quarter-of-oklahomas-4-ot-win-over-texas-165855260.html

Watching that live I thought it was pretty crazy. That's a LOT of time to put back on the clock. Weird thing is, nobody commented on it.

Part of that was probably because Gus Johnson was so distracted by how AMAZING Sam Ehlinger is. I almost had to mute him when Ehlinger was on the screen.

I think if either come its has to be a situation where they both come. Question is would Texas fall in line with the Big Ten everyone is equal(on paper model), especially having their own network(Albeit underperforming). I also don't think OU would come without Texas as they've hitched their wagon to them, and they have everything they need by being affiliated with UT. They'd follow Texas to Uzbekistan if they chose that's the place for them.

2 hours ago, knapplc said:

Watching that live I thought it was pretty crazy. That's a LOT of time to put back on the clock. Weird thing is, nobody commented on it.

Part of that was probably because Gus Johnson was so distracted by how AMAZING Sam Ehlinger is. I almost had to mute him when Ehlinger was on the screen.

You mean BIG Sam? (man did hearing that on Saturday get old).