Would you like to see Texas & OU in the B1G West?

6 minutes ago, HuskerPowerVA said:

I thought the Longhorn Network deal was not tied to a conference, but if they would lose the LHN, would Big Ten make up for that lost revenue?  

The Longhorn Network, while still a disaster, nets $15 Million per year for Texas.  The Big XII schools made mid to upper 30s last year, while B1G schools made mid to upper 50s.  That difference alone would cover the LHN revenue with a conference change should the network cease to exist.

On 6/28/2019 at 11:38 AM, Toe said:

Texas?

tSbsQqW.gif

(Even though it would benefit me personally - I live in Austin and would have more chances to watch the Huskers.)

Once upon a time, I thought it would be ok if UTerus joined, provided they played by the same rules as all the other B1G members.  But, after realizing they’d slowly try to take over the decision making, I think the above post by Toe is appropriate.

I hope the Texas league stays intact with UT and OU in it for a very long time. Absorbing all the orphans into the remaining P4 conferences seems very awkward.  However, if KU, KSU and ISU end up in some weak conference we could benefit by being the biggest regional pull for recruits.  Having UT in the B1G wouldn’t be worth it though.

OU yes   :ou1:

Texas NO  1000x No :hookerhorns

I'd would like Ok State also - living here in Tulsa but that isn't going to happen.  So, Kansas  or Missouri - easier travel.   

The Big 10 got Rutgers (what the h... were they thinking) and Maryland to add to the east.  Some midwest schools like OU, KS, Mo would be good additions and would fit the academic footprint of the conference.  

• Plus1 1

10 hours ago, r06ue1 said:

Oklahoma/Oklahoma State or Kansas/Kansas State would be cool.  

Texass can go back to the Southwest and play with themselves.

I agree...any 2 out of OU/OSU and KU/KSU would be a nice add to the BIG.  KSU and OU might bring more in terms of football and basketball combined.  KU obviously has BBALL and the KC market but lacks football prestige.  

Iowa State would be intriguing as well with its location to all other BIG schools.  I don't like Mizzou but they would have been another natural fit for location and it would be fun to beat up on Mizzou in football in the coming years.

14 hours ago, r06ue1 said:

Oklahoma/Oklahoma State or Kansas/Kansas State would be cool.  

Texass can go back to the Southwest and play with themselves.

KSU and OSU would never get in based on academics. OU might get a pass because of football tradition. KU is in the the AAU. They would be an easy take. ISU is also in the AAU, but agree they don't  add much.

I really don't care one way or another, but Texas coming to the Big 10 would help recruiting for Nebraska.  Two historic programs in our area would draw tremendous attention to the West, possibly putting it in the same thought as the SEC West.  Personally I would much rather see Nebraska play Texas or Oklahoma than Ball State or Troy.  

I feel the Big 10 is lead well enough, no one is going to take advantage of them.

• Plus1 1