Roxy’s Go Big Red Bread Recipes

I had left over lasagna the last time I made it and I made a new recipe for cheese bread to go with it and a salad.  

Cheesebread:

Buy a loaf of garlic bread that is already buttered with garlic to make it easy to make.

Slice bread into serving slices.

Sprinkle Shredded Mozzarella Cheese on top of bread slices; sprinkle some Shredded Romano Cheese over the Shredded Mozzarella Cheese.  

Shake some fairy dust over top of Romano Cheese.  

Put cheese bread in baking dish and bake at 325 degrees until cheese is melted and it is a little brown on top.

Fairy Dust:

Depending on how big the shaker is that you are using, you may have to adjust measurements.  I use an empty large Parmesan Cheese Shaker so I know for sure it will fit without making a mess.

1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese-(From A Shaker)
2 Tablespoons Garlic Powder
1 Tablespoon Oregano
1 Tablespoon Onion Salt
***Sometimes I Use Less, Start With Less, Taste It & Then Add More If You Want

Put all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl, stir.

Put fairy dust in a shaker container and keep it by the stove for convenience.  

***I also use fairly Dust to sprinkle over other dishes like pasta, sauces and popcorn!  I think it makes popcorn taste better.

B72E571C-F94D-4464-8A61-94CF991BE98B.jpeg

Biscuits: 

I prepped the biscuits a couple of hours before I needed to bake them.  I had made these before but this time they turned out larger.  I think prepping them ahead of time was the secret to letting them rise.  I also used a dough hook on the mixer to mix the dough after I used the pastry blender and that worked better!

Biscuits:

2 Cups Flour
1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
1 Tablespoon Sugar
1 Teaspoon Salt
1/3 Cup Crisco Shortening
1 Cup Milk

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
***Trust me, the temperature is not too high!

Stir together flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a large bowl.  Cut in shortening using a pastry blender until mixture resembles a coarse meal.

Put mixture into mixing bowl with a dough hook in place!

Add milk GRADUALLY, and mix for a few minutes or until the dough pulls away from side of bowl.  Don’t over mix!  The dough will be very sticky!

Flour your hands; turn out dough out onto a heavily floured cutting board and kneed 5-6 times or just until it holds together!  Don’t overdo kneading! 

Roll out dough onto a floured rolling pin to 1-inch thickness.

Cut out 2-1/2-inch rounds with a floured biscuit cutter.  I don’t have a biscuit cutter so I just used a small glass and rolled the rim of the glass in flour; that works!

Brush off excess flour and transfer rounds to an ungreased cookie sheet, spacing 2 inches apart.  I lined the cookie sheet with parchment paper to make sure the buscuits would be easy to get off and that worked great!

Bake until edges begin to brown, 13-15 minutes.  I baked them for 13 minutes!

Store biscuits in an airtight container!

Reheat in 350 degree oven for about 5 minutes!

36F54414-4F71-41FA-A906-FB2852088799.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

~ Texas Roadhouse Rolls - YES ❤ The Real Recipe ~
And I've included the Cinnamon Butter!

Ingredients:

4 tsp. active dry yeast
1/2 c. warm water
2 c. milk, scalded and cooled to lukewarm
3 Tbl. of melted butter, slightly cooled
1/2 c. sugar
2 quarts all purpose flour (7-8 cups)
2 whole eggs
2 tsp. salt

Dissolve yeast in warm water with a teaspoon of sugar; let stand until frothy.

Combine yeast mixture, milk, 1/2 cup sugar and enough flour to make a medium batter-(about the consistency of pancake batter). Beat thoroughly. Add melted butter, eggs and salt. Beat well. Add enough flour to form a soft dough.  

Sprinkle a small amount of flour onto counter and let dough rest. Meanwhile, grease a large bowl. Knead dough until smooth and satiny and put in greased bowl; turn over to grease top. (I used the dough hook on my Kitchen-Aid to knead this for about 4-5 minutes). 

Cover and let rise in a warm place until double in bulk. Punch down. Turn out onto a floured board. Divide into portions for shaping; let rest 10 minutes. Shape dough into desired forms. Place on greased baking sheets. Let rise until doubled.

Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Baste immediately with butter. Yield: 5 to 6 dozen. Serve with Cinnamon Butter.

*Extra Tips: Shape the rolls into a rectangle, about 1/2-inch thick, then fold it in half, making it an inch thick. Roll over the dough to seal the two halves and using a dough scraper, cut them into squares and place them on the baking sheet.

Texas Roadhouse Cinnamon Butter:

Ingredients;

1 cup butter, softened
1⁄3 cup sweetened condensed milk, chilled
1⁄2 teaspoon corn syrup
3⁄4-1 teaspoon cinnamon, to taste

Directions;

Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until mixture is smooth. Serve with hot rolls or muffins. This may be stored in the refrigerator. Yield-1 1/2 cups

B3F7686B-1AD7-45E1-AE38-5ED79BA25312.jpeg