Roxy’s Go Big Red Main Course Recipes

Nothing beats fresh fish from the lake! I used Zatarain’s New Orlean’s Style Fish Fri Seafood Breading Mix Crispy Southern for the fish coating and used Louisiana Homestyle Hush Puppy Seasoned Cornmeal Mix for the hushpuppies; made some tater tots to go with it. The hushpuppies were very good.  I put some chopped green onions in the batter.  I prepared the hushpuppies ahead of time.  When I made them, I formed them into balls and put them in a Tupperware container and refrigerated them until time to make them.  That helps the hushpuppies to firm up before making them.  I deep-fried the fish and the hushpuppies.  Used some homemade Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing for hushpuppy dip.  

***I always soak fish in milk for awhile and flip it over, so the other side gets soaked in milk.  I cut the fish in pieces so they would fit in the deep-fryer basket; put the fish in a Tupperware container and added the fish seasoning: shook the container to coat the fish and put the lid on and refrigerated it until ready to fry.

80D8AB6D-FC4E-44CD-9FD9-475B05C354F4.jpeg

9179044C-090B-4C17-BFC2-8692C8285C9E.jpeg

A84F9774-67FE-4F3A-8589-18E5CB09822A.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

LEMON GARLIC BUTTER STEAK WITH ZUCCHINI NOODLES:

15-Minute Lemon Garlic Butter Steak with Zucchini Noodles — So much flavor and nearly IMPOSSIBLE to mess up! Delicious juicy marinated steak and zucchini noodles cook up together in just one pan for a quick low carb meal you’ll be crazy about. The marinade helps to tenderize and infuse the steak with savory flavor and links up the cooking juices into a sauce worth sipping by the spoon!

Ingredients;

1 1/2 lb flank steak, sliced against the grain
4 medium zucchini
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons butter or ghee
1 lemon, juice and zest
1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
1/4 cup chopped parsley
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste

The steak marinade
1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon Sriracha Sauce- (or any hot chili sauce you like)

Directions;

Combine the ingredients for the marinade in an airtight container or a Ziploc bag. Add the steak strips into the marinade, seal and allow to marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to one hour.

In the meantime, wash and trim the ends of the zucchini. Using a spiralizer, make the zucchini noodles, then set aside.
Bring the steak to room temperature and heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat — reserve the juices of the marinade for later. Add the steak strips in one layer and season with salt and pepper. Cook for one minute without stirring.

Add minced garlic, then stir the steak for another minute or two to cook the other side. Remove the steak from the skillet and set aside to a plate.

In the same skillet, add butter, lemon juice and zest, red pepper flakes, chicken broth, and remaining marinade juices. Bring to a simmer and allow to reduce for 2-3 minutes, stirring regularly.

Stir in the fresh parsley, then add the zucchini noodles and toss for two to three minutes to cook it up. Allow the cooking juices to reduce for one minute if the zucchini renders too much water. Add the steak strips back to the pan and stir for another minute. Serve immediately. 

7BA10387-FEF4-4BA0-B155-0460C13E3B14.jpeg

Crockpot Ranch Pork Chops:  

Pork Chops/Boneless Or Bone In

2 Cans Cream Of Chicken Soup

2 Packages Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix

In crockpot, layer pork chops; add the cream of chicken soup and then sprinkle the Hidden Valley Dry Dressing all over,

Cover and cook on high fir 4 hours it on low for 6 hours.  I always cook it on low.

You will get a good gravy for mashed potatoes.

The directions above the picture uses less ingredients, but I use more to get a good gravy and so it turns out really tender and moist!  This is one of my favorite ways to make pork chops!

C9FBD33E-A371-4383-A8F4-087BA71D8F69.jpeg

Southwestern Stuffed Peppers 

Ingredients;

8 large bell peppers red and green

1 lb. ground beef or turkey

2 tbsp taco seasoning or one packet

1 bag Minute® Multi-Grain Medley makes about 1 1/2 cups

1 can corn

1 can petite diced tomatoes

1 cup shredded cheese (I used pepper jack)

Directions: 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Cut off tops of peppers and clean out the seeds and ribs. Boil peppers for 5-7 minutes and then turn upside down onto a paper towel to drain.

Cook  rice according to package directions; set aside.

While  the peppers are boiling, brown the ground beef; drain fat.

Add Taco Seasoning, corn, tomatoes and cooked rice to the meat mixture. Simmer for 5 minutes.

Spoon mixture into the peppers and place in a 9x13-in. pan.

Bake for 20-25 minutes, depending on how soft you like your peppers. Pull out and add shredded cheese to the top of each pepper and return to oven for 5 minutes.

Serve with sour cream and salsa.

D5C47F45-E874-4116-8687-0E07FB806EC2.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...