** 2019 Opponent Previews : Colorado (Game 2) **

CollegeFootballNews: 5 Things You Need To Know About Colorado & Season Prediction

The Buffs need to get their mojo back. The brutally ugly seven-game losing streak after starting 5-0 was all about confidence. The schedule wasn’t that brutal, and the team didn’t play all that bad in parts. But the offense fell off the map over the final few weeks, and the defense followed closely behind. Every new coaching staff says it wants to create a culture change, but that’s really what was needed after last year. Mel Tucker and his staff will change up the energy, but the defensive parts aren’t quite there with just enough holes to be annoying. As long as the D can start taking the ball away and hold serve, the O should be able to do the rest. The offensive line will be just a wee bit better, and that should be enough for the skill stars to blow up in a much, much stronger season.

https://collegefootballnews.com/2019/05/colorado-football-preview-prediction-players-2019

SBNation: After the briefest taste of success, Colorado starts over once more

Going 5-7 is bad enough, but the way that CU went 5-7 in 2018 did MacIntyre no favors. They pulled off an unlikely win over Nebraska and knocked off both UCLA and Arizona State at home on the way to a 5-0 start. Projected 84th in the preseason, they were up to 45th after the ASU win. They finished the year with seven straight losses. After semi-competitive defeats to USC and Washington, they collapsed at home and fell to lowly Oregon State. They were outscored 62-14 by Washington State and Utah at home as well.

Attendance for the ASU game was 52,681, the highest for a CU home game since a 2010 visit from Georgia. Attendance for the Utah game six weeks later: 39,360. There was snow, sure, but it was clear the balloon had deflated. Can Tucker fix it?

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2019/6/5/18650693/colorado-football-2019-preview-schedule-roster

Athlon: #69 Colorado Buffaloes Preview & Prediction

Just two years ago, Colorado was the defending Pac-12 South champion with reigning National Coach of the Year Mike MacIntyre leading the way into a title defense. Those days seem like ancient history after back-to-back 5–7 seasons, the firing of MacIntyre and the hiring of former Georgia and Alabama defensive coordinator Mel Tucker in the offseason. This is Tucker's first full-time head coaching job (he was interim coach of the NFL's Jacksonville Jaguars for five games in 2011), and he wasted very little time laying the foundation. He's got a "no excuses" attitude and spent the offseason instilling intensity and physicality. At CU, Tucker doesn't have the talent he had to work with at Georgia and Alabama, but "the cupboards are not bare here," he says. Now, it's Tucker’s task to take that talent and get the Buffaloes back on track.

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/colorado-football-buffaloes-prediction-preview-2019

More to come...

• Plus1 2

I watched a bit of their spring game on TV. Meh. JAGs everywhere.

I will say that I came away impressed by their WRs. Shenault, Jr didn’t play yet they still had several playmakers and big targets. Their secondary is bad, so I don’t mean to overrate their WRs, but they did look good and fast. Good early test for our secondary.

Their ILBs are their second best unit in my opinion, lead by Landman. He’s fun to watch even if he’s a Buff.

Montez still “scares” me to an extent just because he can make some incredible plays. But he also makes a ton of mistakes and we are going to force several with our 2nd year defense and the fact that our DLine and edge rushers are so much better than their OLine.

I think we get revenge in a big way. 

• Plus1 1

52 minutes ago, Caliborn72 said:

Looks like another impact player for them with ILB Nate Landman and WR LaViska Shenault, Jr. I’ve been seeing Shenault, Jr mocked as a top 10 pick in this upcoming draft, he might be the best offensive player we play against this year.

I wouldn't be against calling Shenault the best skill player we'll see all season. Baller.

• Plus1 2

8 minutes ago, Scarlet Overkill said:

Or Jason Peter 

Possibly.

I was referring to the story Zatechka tells on the BTN show about the 1994 Husker team about the Colorado game.  I tried to find a video of it but can't.

He told the other offensive linemen before the game that one of the Colorado defensive linemen got off the plane with a pipe cutter saying they were going to cut through the Pipeline.  Zatechka used the story to get the guys fired up for the game but admits it was completely fabricated by him.

• Plus1 1
48 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Possibly.

I was referring to the story Zatechka tells on the BTN show about the 1994 Husker team about the Colorado game.  I tried to find a video of it but can't.

He told the other offensive linemen before the game that one of the Colorado defensive linemen got off the plane with a pipe cutter saying they were going to cut through the Pipeline.  Zatechka used the story to get the guys fired up for the game but admits it was completely fabricated by him.

I hadn’t heard that story - prett-y clever, Rob.  Ok, then, my money is back on him.  Too bad it was already exposed or it could have gotten some play.

23 hours ago, Mavric said:

Possibly.

@Scarlet Overkill

I remember Zatchka tells Adam Carriker the story when he interviewed him last year: 

https://www.omaha.com/huskers/carriker/carriker-chronicles-rob-zatechka-shares-his-husker-memories-and-how/article_10d4aa8d-1fd7-5c23-b170-943130e5c9b5.html

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
  • Mavric changed the title to ** 2019 Opponent Previews : Colorado (Game 2) **