** 2019 Opponent Previews : Colorado (Game 2) **

4 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Not to mention beating them on draft picks which is one of the most important things to some players. So we’re beating them on draft picks in our worst decade and we have a hot coach.

I'm not sure how many recruits are greatly concerned with the physical attractiveness of our coach but he's definitely a coach-on-the-rise.  ;)

• Plus1 1

Historically we have obviously done way more than Colorado, and even the last 10 years we've been better. But I took the comments to mean recently, and for the last five years averaging 6 wins a year isn't a lot better than Colorado averaging 5 - more bowl games I guess. The draft picks depend on the year you choose as a starting place - the last 3 years they have 6 picks and we have 2. They didn't have any picks in '15 or '16, so draft picks over the last 5 years we crush them again. But I think these comments will be hilarious at the end of the year and over the next few years, because I don't see Colorado going anywhere fast.

• Plus1 1
14 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

Historically we have obviously done way more than Colorado, and even the last 10 years we've been better. But I took the comments to mean recently, and for the last five years averaging 6 wins a year isn't a lot better than Colorado averaging 5 - more bowl games I guess. The draft picks depend on the year you choose as a starting place - the last 3 years they have 6 picks and we have 2. They didn't have any picks in '15 or '16, so draft picks over the last 5 years we crush them again. But I think these comments will be hilarious at the end of the year and over the next few years, because I don't see Colorado going anywhere fast.

Ya well the reason they won’t go anywhere is ‘cause we stole all their recruits away with some kind of magic.

28 minutes ago, RedSavage said:

That’d be the one.  I don’t wanna see us play dirty and stoop to their level but I hope he gets a nice dose of karma...

I would love a couple plays designed entirely to get Farniok and Wilson to #44. No intent to actually gain yards and no cheap shots, just make sure they get the chance to pancake him. 

• Fire 1
2 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

I would love a couple plays designed entirely to get Farniok and Wilson to #44. No intent to actually gain yards and no cheap shots, just make sure they get the chance to pancake him. 

I'd be good with this. Do whatever you can to hit him legally as often and as hard as possible.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

Rewatching part of last year's game now. I'd forgotten how badly the game started. We were down 14-0, 3rd and 17 and possibly looking at going down 21-0 with the momentum Colorado would've had. Martinez throws for a 1st down and 2 plays later scores on his long TD run.

Think we could be really good this year if we're truly over making so many mistakes - i.e. play more like we did in the last 6 games. I feel like just minor improvements in several areas could mean the difference between winning and losing in several games.

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to ** 2019 Opponent Previews : Colorado (Game 2) **