** 2019 Opponent Previews : Colorado (Game 2) **

On 8/21/2019 at 10:22 AM, Minnesota_husker said:

He's no Tim Tebow.

On 8/21/2019 at 10:48 AM, Mavric said:

Hey, Tim Tebow won a playoff game.  That's a long ways from where we've been the last two years (and probably where we will be this year).

That year with Tebow was some of the most entertaining football I have ever watched.

Flacco will be better than Keenum, but it depends on how they run the ball this year.  Defense will be top 5.  Bradley Chubb is going to have 20+ sacks.

• Plus1 1
13 minutes ago, runningblind said:

That year with Tebow was some of the most entertaining football I have ever watched.

Flacco will be better than Keenum, but it depends on how they run the ball this year.  Defense will be top 5.  Bradley Chubb is going to have 20+ sacks.

Are you serious that the Tebow year with the Broncos was entertaining? They won in the regular season despite Tebow. He averaged less than 15 passes per game. I guess the Broncos pulled a bunch of wins out of their a$$ that year, but it was not really due to Tebow. 

11 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Are you serious that the Tebow year with the Broncos was entertaining? They won in the regular season despite Tebow. He averaged less than 15 passes per game. I guess the Broncos pulled a bunch of wins out of their a$$ that year, but it was not really due to Tebow. 

Yes, the bolded part is highly entertaining.  Way more so than the last three years. 

He was most definitely a factor,  they were 1-4 with Orton and went on a 7-1 run once he took over.   Six 4th quarter or OT game winning drives.  Of course he's not Peyton Manning but the guy won ballgames.

2 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Nobody said it was due to Tebow. He said it was entertaining, which it was.

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Landlord said:

Nobody said it was due to Tebow. He said it was entertaining, which it was.

Tebow took over as starter in game 6 of the regular season. While the Broncos did win 7 of the first 8 games that he started, 5 of those wins were when Denver scored less than 20 points. I don’t know how “entertaining” that kind of football is. I guess people were thinking “how the heck did the Broncos just win that game”.  I know Elway sure did. 

7 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Tebow took over as starter in game 6 of the regular season. While the Broncos did win 7 of the first 8 games that he started, 5 of those wins were when Denver scored less than 20 points. I don’t know how “entertaining” that kind of football is. I guess people were thinking “how the heck did the Broncos just win that game”.  I know Elway sure did. 

Yeah, how close the games were, how sloppy they were and still managed to pull out W's, combined with the mania and the hype around Tebow, and how they started 1-4 and then went on a huge winning streak, I don't know how you don't understand that was exciting.

• Plus1 2

So the Buffaloes beat Colorado State 52-31 yesterday. Here's the box score from their game:

image.png.89c5b45e601f6bfb8ba82a5ace0d4af8.png

It surprises me that Colorado rushed for 243 yards. It does not surprise me however that their defense gave up 505 yards.

Also, Colorado State lost two fumbles.

Regardless of our sloppy outcome yesterday, there are only two things that worry me about this game:

1. Turnovers.

2. The altitude.

We are better than Colorado from top to bottom. Just need an aggressive offensive game plan from the very first series and we win this game.

• Plus1 1
13 minutes ago, Scarlet Overkill said:

The ESPN predictor thingee went from 60% Husker win to 51% CU

That's what happenes when our supposed improved offense in it's second season under Frost pisses down it's leg unfortunately.  Hopefully we get it fixed this week and it was a first game jitters and we come out on fire and just put our boot on the fluffaloes necks.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1