** 2019 Opponent Previews : Colorado (Game 2) **

3 hours ago, Undone said:

So the Buffaloes beat Colorado State 52-31 yesterday. Here's the box score from their game:

image.png.89c5b45e601f6bfb8ba82a5ace0d4af8.png

It surprises me that Colorado rushed for 243 yards. It does not surprise me however that their defense gave up 505 yards.

Also, Colorado State lost two fumbles.

Regardless of our sloppy outcome yesterday, there are only two things that worry me about this game:

1. Turnovers.

2. The altitude.

We are better than Colorado from top to bottom. Just need an aggressive offensive game plan from the very first series and we win this game.

They won't run that well on us. That said I'm worried about their passing game as our coverage was a bit lacking Saturday

I still think we are better than Colorado, but their offense does concern me more than it did in the offseason.

Their OLine looks bigger, more athletic, and better. CSU doesn’t have a DLine like ours, but you can still see some of the physicality and imposing presence their OLine has in that game. I mentioned that their RBs were JAGs when I watched a bit of the spring game. I admit I was wrong. I’m not sure if they had different players in or they finally grasped the offense, but they looked pretty solid. Their WRs are dynamic and they have a ton of them.

We can bait Montez into dumb plays and I still fully believe in our speed terrorizing their defense. But we might be in for a fight this week unless we come out looking much better than we did week 1. Should be a good test with a win for the good guys.

40 minutes ago, Caliborn72 said:

I still think we are better than Colorado

40 minutes ago, Caliborn72 said:

we might be in for a fight this week unless we come out looking much better than we did week 1. 

lol i wish i had some of the completely baseless optimism and belief in how good we supposedly are that some of y'all do. 

colorado beat us last year, had a better record than us last year, and looked WAY better than we did in week 1 against an opponent that was probably a decent amount better than ours was.

• Plus1 1

I have to agree, I still don't believe we have this great talent pool.  I have heard talk of our Dline and Oline being much better thru the summer/fall.  I did not see anything on our lines that even began to resemble what I saw on the Auburn and Oregon lines.  Auburn's were all 6.4 plus and right at 300 pounds and looked like athletes.  You can't make them in a year or two.  You have to recruit them it seems.

We have a win, enjoy it, we went a long time last year without one.  Hope that things improve, but after yesterday I would taper the talk of division champions and playoff possibilities some.

Setting here watching Middle Tennessee play Michigan, truly anyone can improve to give top teams fits.  Still a lot of games to make strides.  Hoping yesterday was just a bad day for our Huskers, but even with a bad day we got a win.  Remember that,